BRAND VS. GTA LORE/NO BRAND clothing

Tennplugg

Just now, Marksman said:

Because if a shirt says Nike on it, you can't RP it as something else? I'm fully aware what we can and can't do, I'm on the modding team. But if you start adding branded clothing, that clothing can't be RP'd freely by players like all of our current clothing can. That's limitation.

only the shoes are branded. If u wanna rp jordans as something else, just use another shoe instead of the ighouls one. why would u feel the need to pick a shoe that looks like a jordan just to rp it as something else, even if the nike-tick was removed that'd make no sense when you can just use the vanilla gta shoes for that.

Just now, Shekh said:

only the shoes are branded. If u wanna rp jordans as something else, just use another shoe instead of the ighouls one. why would u feel the need to pick a shoe that looks like a jordan just to rp it as something else, even if the nike-tick was removed that'd make no sense when you can just use the vanilla gta shoes for that.

We're not just talking about Ghoul's pack here, we're discussing branded clothing in GENERAL because that's what the thread is ABOUT. BRANDED vs NO BRANDED. 

I don't even understand the point of this thread anymore, it's pretty clear that even if anyone wanted to add these items to the server they couldn't from a legal standpoint. Even if no one from Gucci or Nike noticed, the second they did they would have to take action to protect their IP. I don't think anyone here is willing to risk legal action from a multi billion dollar company hitting little old GTAW.

5 minutes ago, El Ghetto Man said:

show me one instance of any rp community on gta being sued because of mods lmao

It's never happened because no RP community have ever put branded clothing into their server. It doesn't matter if it's never happened, if you care to read what I wrote you'll know exactly why it cannot be added.

I don't care to read anything that anyone wrote because I know for a fact that a multi million dollar company with buyers all over the globe doesn't give a shit what textures are used on some shitty video game that was released 8 years ago.

Edited by El Ghetto Man
5 minutes ago, El Ghetto Man said:

I don't care to read anything that anyone wrote because I know for a fact that a multi million dollar company with buyers all over the globe doesn't give a shit what textures are used on some shitty video game that was released 8 years ago.

They do care actually, as I stated before they have to enforce their IP copyrights otherwise copyright courts will not uphold it in the future. You can't just release a game or movie and just because only three people watch it think you can put in Nike logos, you can't, it's illegal.

Edited by Torlo
1 hour ago, Marksman said:

Do I need to re-tell the story of the Hells Angels faction on LSRP that got a CEASE AND DESIST letter from the real Hells Angels?

Some senile old man has a fit about an LSRP faction close to 7 years ago and yall are still sitting over here thinking some cunts from the other side of the world are gonna sue a bunch of broke ass nerds playing gta 5 ??? yeah man and im about to be sued by MS-13 for rping their intellectual property on this video game LMAO.

• Applaud 1
Just now, Torlo said:

They do care actually, as I stated before they have to enforce their IP copyrights otherwise copyright courts will not uphold it in the future. You can't just release a game or movie and just because only three people watch it think you can put in Nike logos, you can't, it's illegal.

I've never seen anybody get sued over mods, it doesn't happen and will never happen, yall are just paranoid about nothing.

2 minutes ago, El Ghetto Man said:

I've never seen anybody get sued over mods, it doesn't happen and will never happen, yall are just paranoid about nothing.

Because no ones ever put modded Gucci clothing on their sever because they realize the risks, it's illegal and there's no questions about it.

• Syrike locked this topic