Add DA's to the Police Station to Charge People with crimes instead of the police.

Webb

4 minutes ago, Brett said:

If you want to volunteer to spend your RP time sitting there taking paperwork, then I'll find a way to get you on that list. Cops already charge people according to their respective violations, and if they're not they should be reported and will be dealt with. 

You are basically arguing its oke to jail someone for 24 Hours instead of giving the arrest report a 5 minute read.

7 minutes ago, Webb said:

You are basically arguing its oke to jail someone for 24 Hours instead of giving the arrest report a 5 minute read.

No. What I'm arguing is that nobody is going to always be available at minutes notice to do this, and it's 100% unrealistic and  completely unreasonable to think that they are or will be. People have lives, and have better things to do. If you don't want to be in jail, don't commit crimes. Simple. 

1 hour ago, mj2002 said:

Is most of this RP happening on the forums? The pleas and all, or do you roleplay this out in game?

Some of it is in game, but most of it has to be in the forums.

If you think you're getting a bad stick from the PD, you can request a public defender at any time and they are obliged to request one comes to you. The public defender/your attorney are your advocates in this situation.

Just now, bartman said:

Some of it is in game, but most of it has to be in the forums.

If you think you're getting a bad stick from the PD, you can request a public defender at any time and they are obliged to request one comes to you. The public defender/your attorney are your advocates in this situation.

I saw this in various court threads. Does this also happen in game?

Just now, mj2002 said:

I saw this in various court threads. Does this also happen in game?

Yes, you can request a district attorney/public defender in game at any point during detainment by police. They have a method for paging us to come out in game.

Typically your best bet is ask for a public defender if you feel you're being treated wrongly. They know the process from there.

Edited by bartman
2 minutes ago, bartman said:

Yes, you can request a district attorney/public defender in game at any point during detainment by police. They have a method for paging us to come out in game.

Typically your best bet is ask for a public defender if you feel you're being treated wrongly. They know the process from there.

Then I can understand this system putting a heavy strain on the manpower.

Just now, mj2002 said:

Then I can understand this system putting a heavy strain on the manpower.

So this goes out to @Webb as well, it's important to understand the complexities of our legal system

The last trial, "CF-182-20" was posted by Abdulaziz 3 hours ago.

The "182" in there means this is the one hundred and eighty second criminal trial posted this year. That's over a trial a day, since we're about halfway through the year. This is just cases that go to trial. Probably 80% of arrests on this server are guilty pleas on cases that don't require a trial and thus do not make it to trial.

Now look how much effort goes into a "big case" trial, for example my case below:

This is hours of work. For one case. We don't mind doing it, but you need to keep in mind that as of posting this comment the District Attorney's office has eight total employees. Eight.  And we currently have a few on LOA. It's not a glamorous job.

The system we have in hand already covers potential for police abuse; If you feel the police aren't giving you a fair shake, you can request a public defender in game. If it goes to arrest, just plea not guilty. Or if you don't want to sit in jail until bail is posted (Most cases go up in a day or two, depending on our workload and how big the case is), then plea "no contest". This will jail you for the time of the crime, but gives you the option to hire a private attorney and contest the charge later.

I'm always available to answer questions about this, as is anyone else in our office.

Maybe you need to expand your office!

In all seriousness, I considered this route for an alt, but I thought the application process would be too difficult to even bother giving it a try. And in game, I never crossed paths with any government related faction other than the police, FD, out on the streets. 

Just now, mj2002 said:

Maybe you need to expand your office!

In all seriousness, I considered this route for an alt, but I thought the application process would be too difficult to even bother giving it a try. And in game, I never crossed paths with any government related faction other than the police, FD, out on the streets. 

Applications are open at https://doj.gta.world! It's soul crushing paperwork and it really takes a certain kind of person to want to do it.

We're out there and are in game more than you think, but we don't drive marked police cars or fire trucks so unless you're looking you don't really see us ?

1 hour ago, Brett said:

Sorry for the double post here, but I do need to point this out in a separate reply. This isn't a game suggestion, this is a suggestion for a factions internal policies. In this case, the Judiciary of San Andreas. If you have issues with the system and wish to suggest changes, you are free to message @Copacetic. This isn't a server issue to be resolving in this thread, and thus this thread should really just be closed. 

As Brett said, this is a suggestion that can be taken to Copacetic. 

If you believe you're being unfairly charged, fight it ICly. That's part of roleplay. You can't expect everything to go right for your character all the time. Go with the story and figure it out.

Suggestion closed as it is not relevant to the "game" and can be taken directly to JSA (or FM if you experience an actual issue), as Brett has suggested.

Edited by FullyCanadian