Poor performance - RTX 2060, Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GB RAM

pateuvasiliu

I had the same issue before but that was due to my HDD dying, game runs fine when starting up and playing half and hour or so but after that I would get lots of stutters over time. I fixed that by getting a new HDD.

Now I've been playing without issues until recently, I run my game at high settings so, first few ten minutes of playing no issue, but after awhile the stutters came back again. I lowered all my graphics settings to low and same thing, until a few days ago I "disabled fullscreen optimisations" in GTA5.exe

This solved it for me.

No clue if this would help your case but doesn't hurt to try. May also be completely irrelevant ?

RTX 2060 is not an amazing card you shouldn't expect amazing performance on GTA 5 especially on RAGE MP. 60 fps is decent enough for a 2060 also as everyone said latest drivers are screwing with the performance, downgrading might help out. I have a 2060 myself and i do get drops below 60 in some custom interiors

3 minutes ago, shiroq said:

RTX 2060 is not an amazing card you shouldn't expect amazing performance on GTA 5 especially on RAGE MP. 60 fps is decent enough for a 2060 also as everyone said latest drivers are screwing with the performance, downgrading might help out. I have a 2060 myself and i do get drops below 60 in some custom interiors

Running on what, 4k??? 

2 minutes ago, shiroq said:

RTX 2060 is not an amazing card you shouldn't expect amazing performance on GTA 5

Lol what? GTA 5 is a game from 2014, RTX 2060 should destroy it. What are you on about?

60 fps is decent enough for a 2060

No, it is not. RTX 2060 is a top 10 card in 2019 and this game was launched in 2014.

Hope Nvidia fixes it in a new update.

It's not really Nvidia's responsibility to adapt their drivers to a modded server. If the new models are causing problems get rid of them.

• Upvote 1
39 minutes ago, Tennplugg said:

what he said, you should be able to get over 60fps with a 2060 and a good cpu/ram combo. If you don't, then you've done something wrong and something is bottlenecking

I do get up to 100 fps but i dont see a point to run more than 60 especially when in some custom interiors you get a drop below that amount. Playing games on 100 fps vs 60 fps unless you have a higher hz monitor there is no real difference and it only becomes choppy if the fps drops between 100-60 or less. Steady 60 fps is better than 60-100 with random drops

1 hour ago, shiroq said:

I do get up to 100 fps but i dont see a point to run more than 60 especially when in some custom interiors you get a drop below that amount. Playing games on 100 fps vs 60 fps unless you have a higher hz monitor there is no real difference and it only becomes choppy if the fps drops between 100-60 or less. Steady 60 fps is better than 60-100 with random drops 

2 hours ago, shiroq said:

RTX 2060 is not an amazing card you shouldn't expect amazing performance on GTA 5 especially on RAGE MP. 60 fps is decent enough for a 2060

Edited by Tennplugg
  • Bash locked this topic