PK and CK

2 minutes ago, Mitch said:

What exactly would that achieve? 

Let's say you lose 10% of your bank balance on a P2P PK (to avoid bugs), that'll mean you can properly RP fear because boom, 10% of your money is gone.

There's better ways around it than that, but then there's really no easy solution for this.

Edited by HaveADream
Just now, HaveADream said:

Let's say you lose 10% of your bank balance on a P2P PK (to avoid bugs), that'll mean you can properly RP fear because boom, 10% of your money is gone.

There's better ways around it than that, but then there's really no easy solution for this.

What that'll achieve is people targeting rich people with PK reasons to rid them of their funds. It can and will be abused.

Just now, HaveADream said:

What? Then I can just target the richest person on the server for the most minor reason on the server and it'll still pass because it's a valid reason. Threaten me? Oh, guess I'll have you murder you. 

Just now, Mitch said:

What? Then I can just target the richest person on the server for the most minor reason on the server and it'll still pass because it's a valid reason. Threaten me? Oh, guess I'll have you murder you. 

1 minute ago, JustAnM43 said:

What that'll achieve is people targeting rich people with PK reasons to rid them of their funds. It can and will be abused.

You're both right, and I agree, I was simply trying to give an example of how it'll work.

Really, seven pages in and I don't see a consensus forming at all, like I said, there's really no easy way around it and the community can't really come to a consensus other than "something must be done... Maybe!" Without repeating the same arguments ad infinitum, I just really don't see where we can go from here.

2 minutes ago, lonex said:

Not a percentage but I think something like 50k is acceptable. Or just be more strict with people not rping fear.

As I said, I'd love to see people get punished more for not properly RP-ing fear. Some people don't realize that scenarios with fear included can make or break and entire RP situation which is why I'd love to see admin be way stricter towards shitty fear RP.

50k is not that much, people can earn it back with some effort. Can also push you into minus if you don't have enough, but still it's not something that's going to set you back for a long time but will still make you reconsider your choices.

That's still better than losing everything, all character development and assets. And I think most of us here agree that forced CKs are not the way.

6 minutes ago, lonex said:

50k is not that much, people can earn it back with some effort. Can also push you into minus if you don't have enough, but still it's not something that's going to set you back for a long time but will still make you reconsider your choices.

That's still better than losing everything, all character development and assets. And I think most of us here agree that forced CKs are not the way.

I completely disagree. 50k is a lot of money, especially when you only make 29k a week (irl 7 days). My character works in FD and there's no way he can afford to pay that if a PK were to ever happen on him. I agree somewhat in the sense a fee should be paid for every time you respawn but there are people who actually RP money properly. 50k would cripple my character and take 2 IRL weeks to actually get it back. As for someone in my line of work, I don not want to spend the time at home grinding hours to meet the paycheck hours for a PK that has cost me 50k.

A smaller fee maybe, or something else completely.