Has Los Santos turned into the city of crime?

Farmer

4 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Once again provide me with the source on the number of homicides per month.

It was posted in GTA:W general by an admin a couple weeks ago. Here's the breakdown:

Spoiler

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Here's the discord links:

https://discord.com/channels/312217302961618946/368773863162773504/875113755741126689

https://discord.com/channels/312217302961618946/368773863162773504/875113258607050772

https://discord.com/channels/312217302961618946/368773863162773504/875114257216311316

Edited by Sush
1 minute ago, Sush said:

Once again, literally look at what it says. The 1st and 3rd one are about total damage dealt, the 2nd one refers to "deaths" which in no way is equal to homicides/murders. You need to stop trying to stir things up and trying to pull that whole "oh no illegal rp bad!!!!" card, because it clearly does not work.

Just now, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Once again, literally look at what it says. The 1st and 3rd one are about total damage dealt, the 2nd one refers to "deaths" which in no way is equal to homicides/murders. You need to stop trying to stir things up and trying to pull that whole "oh no illegal rp bad!!!!" card, because it clearly does not work.

I never said this was about illegal RP in the original post. That's the spin you put on it; I literally just posted the numbers and you assumed I was only including illegal RP. Obviously this includes PD / CCW shootings as well.

Just now, Sush said:

I never said this was about illegal RP in the original post. That's the spin you put on it; I literally just posted the numbers and you assumed I was only including illegal RP. Obviously this includes PD / CCW shootings as well.

Do you think every death means a homicide? There's literally no break down as to how many of those deaths were homicides, how many of them were a result of DM and how many of them were voided. Your argument falls short right here.

Just now, eTaylor said:

Do we have to separate the numbers between people who have been shot, and people who repeatedly fell onto someone’s bullet multiple times on accident? 

Well, obviously the homicides would most likely make up for a majority of those deaths, however once again those statistics are not very detailed. They don't clarify whether they include all deaths in general, homicides, CKs or people simply being put in the "player is injured" state. You can't just go out of your way claiming that we're in some fucking Kabul without actually being able to put some numbers behind it.

18 minutes ago, Sush said:

13 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Do you think every death means a homicide? There's literally no break down as to how many of those deaths were homicides, how many of them were a result of DM and how many of them were voided. Your argument falls short right here.

I guess we could go through the numbers and compare the total hits of each weapon, the total damage done, and see how many times the damage surpasses it to get an idea of how many people were killed in total, removing the count of people killed by accidents like getting hit by a car or falling off some scaffolding...

10 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Do we have to separate the numbers between people who have been shot, and people who repeatedly fell onto someone’s bullet multiple times on accident? 

Wait, please don't tell me the numbers are exclusively from weapons damage. Is of in LA genuinely trying to say weapons related deaths were accidental discharges?

EDIT: Nevermind. I looked at the source and the admin verifies it is exclusively murders. It's literally a record of just murders. 

Edited by DasFroggy
29 minutes ago, Aquila said:

Now for the main piece.

2 hours ago, Trupiano said:

There is no crime in Los Santos.

I've never seen it, you can't prove that it exists.

Honestly we could use more crime.

0kOyOyv.gif

It's impressive that one of those cars suffered no damage, while the other crumpled like a cheap wooden Mongolian slinky filled with angry bees.

28 minutes ago, Brian3898 said:

Y'all either very unlucky or I'm extremely lucky.

Actually, I don't think it's luck. As an administrator, a portion of time you'd normally spend roleplaying is instead spent keeping the server from bursting into flames like a crusty french vanilla seasoned bowl of crab soup filled with angry bees. That, and the fact that you're an admin translates to a pretty good defense against people who might be planning to kill you ingame. You're sort of a good example of a bad example, unless you've gone to some pretty significant lengths to ensure nobody can tie your characters to your OOC community identity and you've strictly avoided administrator duties in favor of roleplaying instead. 

Personally, I wouldn't have a problem visiting some crime on you, but that's because I deliberately avoid the high bar that comes with violent action, and I don't prioritize winning like some others.

...but other folks are going to think twice about seriously attacking a character with the immediate weight and consequences of an administrator behind it, and you have a tangible role related time limitation that keeps you from roleplaying as much as the average player.

Edited by DasFroggy
1 hour ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Well, obviously the homicides would most likely make up for a majority of those deaths, however once again those statistics are not very detailed. They don't clarify whether they include all deaths in general, homicides, CKs or people simply being put in the "player is injured" state. You can't just go out of your way claiming that we're in some fucking Kabul without actually being able to put some numbers behind it.

Define homicide for me.