Script minigames

Kappaurel

Well, this is a discussion thread in which I hope we can get some views that may perhaps help developers know what we'd like them to focus on (although that doesn't mean they necessarily have to).

In this case, I wanted to talk about minigames.

We were promised 3 minigames for 2021: Darts, Golfing and Pool.

IMG_20230608_105119.jpg

Out of all of these, we have only seen a Pool Script which is not the best experience ever.

I would personally love to at least get Darts, and perhaps Pool getting fixed. But maybe the rest of the community doesn't agree. 

What do you think? Should there be a bit more of a focus on these? Or stick to the sort of updates we have been getting instead? (Illegal focused stuff now such as jammers, before that it was Legal focused stuff.)

We possibly are living one of the best moments development-wise of the server. But I still wonder where the promised minigames went.

Is the script just not compatible or too good for these things? I think it could be nice to get some info!

Thank you.

Edited by Kappaurel
  • Upvote 6
  • Kappaurel changed the title to Script minigames

This would be insane. Especially golf. And it doesn't even have to be a complicated script. Stand in front of a ball, /chooseclub to choose any club (and therefore distance range) /swing, depending on the amount of practice you got (amount of times /swing was used), it either goes straight at the maximum range for that club or gets sliced/drawn to the side... or topped, or completely missed if your character is a beginner.

It really is a shame that it's not as simple as just enabling the GTAOnline minigames like tennis. Tennis would be awesome to play. But given that it's not that simple and these games have to be made pretty much from scratch, I'm happy with GTAWs development focusing on whatever they wanna focus on. They've been doing pretty good as of late with the recent updates, a lot of quality of life and polishing of the game, and I think that's a worthwhile focus.