Reduce /openbusiness timer to 36 hours

TeeHazmat

On 5/25/2023 at 2:48 PM, Stanty said:

I have ran businesses with Unique Item Script multiple times before. I used to run them when the timer was 24 hours, and ran some after the timer became 48 hours as well.

The tactic has always been to /openbusiness one or a few hours earlier, before the opening. So if I am planning to open my business every single day at around 6 PM in-game time, I would hop in-game and type /openbusiness twice at around ~4 PM in-game time to open and close it, so the timer starts counting from there. That way you can make sure you can always open at the same time every day.

Most of the businesses I have ran would hit the $40,000 limit within two hours or so of the first day of opening. So second day I would open it without making any profit, just to keep the consistency. Which I would never complain about because Unique Item Script businesses barely use components if your prices are low. To give you a rough idea, you make $40,000 from the entries in two days, you receive $4,000 hourly paychecks and you only spend about $1,000 on components. Unless you are making expensive items, such as jewelry which uses more components.

Unique Item Script businesses are an absolute goldmine if it's active and popular. Though, decreasing the timer from 48 hours to maybe 44 hours, or even 40 would make a good impact. The owners will no longer have to hop in-game early and open/close their business just to launch the timer. With 40 or 44 hour timer, you can always open at the same time if you are opening your business every single day.

Though, I believe there is a huge disbalance when it comes to restaurants. Unfortunately, the smaller your business is, the more money you make simply because you do not require extra staff. For example, if you request a tiny coffee shop which can be ran by yourself, or maybe one extra employee, you make maximum profit. While restaurants with the same script make the same profit as you but they have to pay for the staff and especially cooks. If a player cares about maximizing their profits, the system sort of pushes you towards acquiring easy to run, tiny business which can be ran by one person.

Would be nice to see a change to reward owners of larger businesses. For example, restaurant can receive $2,000 bonus from each entry instead of a regular $1,000 and limit for restaurants should be $60,000 instead of $40,000. That way restaurants can pay off the staff and match the profit of a tiny business with Unique Item Script.

I totally agree and support this suggestion. My one and only business is a big restaurant, which requires me to have at least two employees, waiter and guard (bartender too but I do it most of the time), and while I do usually get a profit with each opening, it's very minimal, especially considering that for the security guard (in this case Gruppe6), due to PM rules I'm not allowed to hire them and pay them through the script, having to pay the full price of their services directly with the earnings and balance of the business. They cost 6k/h, so each opening of the 40k I can potentially reach (which is not always/almost never) 12k are immiediately deducted, and that's for only one guard in a two hour shift!.

I think that in addition to your suggestion, it would be neat to have some leniency about hiring people from security companies through the script when talking about big businesses, due to the big expenses they face compared to businesses run by a single person.

• Upvote 1

I think that the suggestion regarding increasing the bonus for larger businesses would be much more useful than the 36 hour cooldown one, since it would fix multiple issues that big businesses face, due to how they're harder to run, manage staff, expenses, etc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...