Stuck in the middle of the development

Woozyarth

So, recently guys I have been roleplaying alone for quite some time now, and I start to lose the motivation to continue with each character because I feel that I don't go anywhere with him, and do the same shit like trucking and that's all. But I really enjoy RPing alone, but the problem I don't know how can I make the RP enjoyable solo and also how can I get myself in scenarios that will open different stuff to do, like I have a character that I want him to join a biker club, but it looks like I am not going to go anywhere with it and I feel that I don't know what to do with the character, like do I RP a creative business I can start? Will it be enjoyable to others? Like I really don't know where to go with the character and that is making me get bored from the character and just ignore to develop him any further. Besides, the character I am playing with doesn't have connections and I am not part of any faction. If can somebody give me some ideas on how can I make solo RP enjoyable?

Just find people to hang around with, you're gonna get bored if you just sit there, alone, doing nothing. There's 800 players on daily, surely you can find 1-2 others with the same interest and hang out with them. Joining a business does also help with this, there's plenty of ads out there regarding business owners looking for staff for openings.

Ease your way into things, research how bikers work and try and slowly work your way towards joining them. Don't just go to them and say like 'hey i wanna join pls invite me'.

• Thanks 1

Interacting with players will make your life much easier. When interacting with players and getting to know them you can easily become a successful and happy solo roleplayer.

Try nightclubs, bars and other shops as such. It can happen to you anywhere really. I met the most interesting people on the server by accident in some random location.

Edited by Shanky
  • Thanks 1

If you're looking to join a specific group or MC, you're better off doing some research on said group and then roleplaying that your character lives in that area, and when coming across them in said area, you can engage in conversation. Like already said, don't be too eager to join, just talk to them, get to know them, compliment each other's bike, talk about life, etc. Doing that would work wonders on them inviting you along to other things and eventually the faction, but don't expect it to be quick because many factions expect slow burn progression. 

If you're not looking to join a specific group and are just wandering hoping to find something that interests you, I suggest not thinking about all these things you should be doing, and more so think about what your character would do. What's his motivation in life? Get richer? Go find a job that suits his skillset and befriend your coworkers. Have fun? Go to a club and don't be scared to interact with others there. Think about smaller motivations too like being hungry, or emotional motivations like maybe feeling bored in his life and wanting excitement, hence going to clubs, doing drugs and getting involved with bikers.

I think the issue is that you're getting caught up in what you should be doing to grab other's attention rather than just living your characters life and letting the RP come to you. Most people will want to keep interacting with you if your character feels fleshed out and nuanced. 

That first couple of months on the server is difficult, especially if you didn't play SAMP, i've been there. Just focus on what makes your character so great first and the other people will follow. Lead with your character's mind, not your own. Put on some music that your character would like, I find that helps to get into that mindset if facing a bit of a slump. Hope that helps, not an expert by any means but we've all been there! 

Edited by Zoinks
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I can understand that you like RPing alone but eventually you will want and need to have friends or associates ICly to pass the time around here. Default jobs are nnice but you also have other ways to work around here, the business world around here Is extremely active and gives endless ways for you to work and make friends during work hours. You also have the option to join a certain faction, some are government, some are just legal and the rest are illegal. Government jobs will be a good pick if you like RPing alone.

• Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, Nadler said:

I can understand that you like RPing alone but eventually you will want and need to have friends or associates ICly to pass the time around here. Default jobs are nnice but you also have other ways to work around here, the business world around here Is extremely active and gives endless ways for you to work and make friends during work hours. You also have the option to join a certain faction, some are government, some are just legal and the rest are illegal. Government jobs will be a good pick if you like RPing alone.

The problem that the only way I can make connections is to have something that the others want, and will appreciate if I became their faction. Also, the idea of the business world on the server always has competition and that will make it hard for someone to start a business without having a unique business idea that the players will be interested in.

On 5/11/2023 at 12:30 AM, Woozyarth said:

The problem that the only way I can make connections is to have something that the others want, and will appreciate if I became their faction. Also, the idea of the business world on the server always has competition and that will make it hard for someone to start a business without having a unique business idea that the players will be interested in.

Understandable, you do need something that others want but not everyone actually like that there are some nice people around that just like to hang around and have fun. Some factions don't ask much of you and gives you the freedom you want for your character (Most in the legal world). When it comes to businesses you should try to work in one rather then owning one.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Nadler said:

Understandable, you do need something that others want but not everyone actually like that there are some nice people around that just like to hang around and have fun. Some factions don't ask much of you and gives you the freedom you want for your character (Most in the legal world). When it comes to businesses you should try to work in one rather then owning one.

What if I want to start my own? Working in one is already something I doing.

With Roleplay, you will find the more you put into it, the more you will get in return.

You took the effort in completing the application, a stage that many fail, and now find yourself on a server with 700+ other players. While I understand that making the first move in a conversation can be intimidating, there are plenty of ways to get around that. Find an open business, chat to the staff in the process of buying something, like cars? Visit an open garage, maybe talk to another customer about their car.

Like Music? Go to a bar, or club. Just by simply saying out loud that you love that track by that artist, might cue a conversation.

Roleplay doesn't have to be - Do A, then B, and C. It can follow many different paths. 

I promise that once you open up your horizons and RP with other people, you will be wondering why you didn't before.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Welsh said:

With Roleplay, you will find the more you put into it, the more you will get in return.

You took the effort in completing the application, a stage that many fail, and now find yourself on a server with 700+ other players. While I understand that making the first move in a conversation can be intimidating, there are plenty of ways to get around that. Find an open business, chat to the staff in the process of buying something, like cars? Visit an open garage, maybe talk to another customer about their car.

Like Music? Go to a bar, or club. Just by simply saying out loud that you love that track by that artist, might cue a conversation.

Roleplay doesn't have to be - Do A, then B, and C. It can follow many different paths. 

I promise that once you open up your horizons and RP with other people, you will be wondering why you didn't before.

Like the problem is that to be able to make connections I should have something in common with other people that will make them want to be my friends.

• Anubis locked this topic