Predatory Practices & RP by LEOs/DAs

Doom slayer

2 hours ago, Zach.. said:

https://knock-la.com/lapd-helicopter-surveillance-6ed93fb7c9a/

"

In South Los Angeles’s Leimert Park neighborhood, Louisa and Veronique — a teacher and self-employed jeweler, respectively — endure the daily presence of low-flying police helicopters patrolling their neighborhood.

“Afternoon, evening, at night,” Louisa tells me. “There’s no rhyme or reason to it, really.”"

The cognitive dissonance displayed is really strange to see. When it comes to a player being watched, we must apply all realism rules and account for window glare and other factors that are never considered, but as soon as the people flying the helicopter use realism argument its not valid anymore and then falls under balance. 

And you're trying to say that those helicopters catch anybody and everybody flashing a firearm in their car/dark alley for 2.3 seconds? Or is this some more cognitive dissonance? 

cameras are amazing nowadays, especially in the business sector, i wouldn't doubt in the police market it'd be even more impressive. i'm able to see what someone is doing 1000s of feet away even in the night time while at work, however the conditions have to just be right. in gtaw the conditions are always great. it doesn't help that all windows in gta v arent affected by sun glare or generally reflections. also you cant even hear the helicopters while they operate in-game, but damn they're noisy as fuck in real life.

as for bail, i don't know anything about that. i just think if you get out on bail and fail the conditions or not show up you deserve to get your finances fucked with lol. bail is a double edged sword and should be considered wisely, and not just as an option to get out of jail rp. like if you fuck up and get caught with stuff that goes against your bail conditions thats all on you. you should be knowledgeable of your conditions because they're not a shock at all. like im sorry, you're hanging out with known associates and got caught doing illegal stuff while on bail, of course you're gonna get screwed.

Edited by Woona
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Strobe said:

The difference being that LEO players are provided with resources such as firearms and vehicles for free after entering the faction as opposed to individual illegal players

A faction that is limited by strict rules gets more attention than randoms that have no quality control? I am shocked.

Honestly, I dont care about realism or how much the irl lapd  (or sd) is out in the air, factions must accommodate the server and community first than themselves instead of trying to follow preconceived notions of realism like we are an Arma server.

4 hours ago, Zach.. said:

https://knock-la.com/lapd-helicopter-surveillance-6ed93fb7c9a/

"

In South Los Angeles’s Leimert Park neighborhood, Louisa and Veronique — a teacher and self-employed jeweler, respectively — endure the daily presence of low-flying police helicopters patrolling their neighborhood.

“Afternoon, evening, at night,” Louisa tells me. “There’s no rhyme or reason to it, really.”"

The cognitive dissonance displayed is really strange to see. When it comes to a player being watched, we must apply all realism rules and account for window glare and other factors that are never considered, but as soon as the people flying the helicopter use realism argument its not valid anymore and then falls under balance. 

• Upvote 3
4 hours ago, vouchero said:

This is simply because most detectives suck. If you can’t do your job without blatantly powergaming with facial recognition software you have no business being a detective.

You think Detectives using real life technology that's been around for decades is blatant powergaming?

Dude, you lost the plot. That's a ridiculously play to win take.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
4 hours ago, DeadPlaya said:

And you're trying to say that those helicopters catch anybody and everybody flashing a firearm in their car/dark alley for 2.3 seconds? Or is this some more cognitive dissonance? 

If the amount of crime in LA was even remotely close to what it is in LS? Absolutely. That’s why the realism argument here is so silly. LS would be in martial law at this point with how out of control it is.

1 hour ago, Tzula said:

Honestly, I dont care about realism or how much the irl lapd  (or sd) is out in the air, factions must accommodate the server and community first than themselves instead of trying to follow preconceived notions of realism like we are an Arma server.

I remind you all that the original post and linked report is what started the realism argument. When those misinformed or hyper realistic complaints about realism were countered with the facts or more hyper realism the other way everyone all of the sudden argues “it’s a game”. I don’t believe the game should be 1:1 nor is it even close to 1:1 as is right now. But the hypocrisy is shocking to me.

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Coach said:

all of the sudden argues “it’s a game”. I don’t believe the game should be 1:1 nor is it even close to 1:1 as is right now. But the hypocrisy is shocking to me.

The game shouldn't be 1:1 or close to 1:1, I do agree, but I'm not sure why you are arguing hypocrisy when the statement I made was an opinion I shared independently for you are effectively trying to lump people together and label them as hypocrites which is just a bad faith argument. It should be noted that every argument is inherently unique and special and not an always us vs them mentality which is severely damaging to the server.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Coach said:

If the amount of crime in LA was even remotely close to what it is in LS? Absolutely. That’s why the realism argument here is so silly. LS would be in martial law at this point with how out of control it is.

I hate it when people bring up this excuse lol, just seems like a cheap excuse to play to win and brush off somebody else's concerns.

4 minutes ago, Gorman380 said:

I hate it when people bring up this excuse lol, just seems like a cheap excuse to play to win and brush off somebody else's concerns.

It goes both ways. I'm not saying that's how it should be, I'm saying that's what it would be. But it's a game. So we can't always harp on realism when it benefits us and then ignore it when it doesn't. This happens both ways, don't get me wrong.

There are things that can and in my opinion should be done to help balance helicopters. Why do you think we implemented our own internal rules without any direction from LFM to do so? I see things that frustrate me from Pilots and I garnered a ton of great feedback from the illegal community in the other helicopter thread and used it to create some of those rules.

But it is extremely frustrating to see the overreactions from some people about helicopters on this server. I've seen it for two years now. Two years ago I could understand because I agreed with a lot of what people were complaining about. But all I've seen since is finding yet another thing to complain about. "It was a bug" when we physically see a weapon in someones hand in a car. So we tell pilots they can't act on that. So then the complaint turned into "omg they saw the /ame /me in the camera that's so OP". People still complain about helicopters "camping" yet there is exactly 0 evidence that it's happening. You can legitimately monitor it with the radar system, it doesn't happen. It's gotten to the point where it's hard to take some of these complaints seriously because they are so trivial. There are bigger issues that need to be balanced, like the render distance/sound. That should be the focus.

On 3/28/2023 at 1:58 PM, pateuvasiliu said:

Is this a bad joke? Cops aren't allowed to use facial recognition, can't track your phone 24/7 like they can IRL, have access to like 20 cameras in the whole city whereas in real life there are thousands, Detectives have no investigative tools whatsoever.

You are completely separated from reality if you think this is true. 90% of crimes on this server are never solved.

You really bring nothing to these threads, one of those individuals I just can't take seriously when I see them posting on threads regarding PD, since it's mostly like talking to a wall. 

If those detectives were to put in the hours and investigative work behind those cases, they probably wouldn't have all that backlog. But that's too hard, isn't it? Pursuing powergaming ways and metagamed information to catch a quick arrest is much easier, and if there ain't any, no wonder the case will stay unsolved. 

Posting before a PD admin comes in and closes the thread, like the dozen other before this one. 

• Upvote 2
  • Reece? locked this topic