Allow dealerships to remove miles from the displayed odometer

Detailed Description

Given the new regulamentations on dealerships pushing for more realism, dealerships should be allowed to remove miles driven off the odometer.

Relevant Commands/Items

A command/option to remove a certain amount of miles off the odometer.

How will it benefit the server?

It's almost common practice in certain places.

Highly against this as it would probably tie in with vehicle maintenance and how all that works, which means it'll be used to circumvent that. It'd need to be entirely redone (i think). Illegal scheme for a dodgy dealership? Awesome, I love that idea IF it can be facilitated, but for normal dealerships I am very against it.

We can not be 1:1 with everything. Just because it COULD happen IRL, does not mean it has a reasonable place on the server.

• Upvote 2

This is definitely not common practice IRL, its criminal to sell vehicles with incorrect mileage unless disclosed upon sale, also high end luxury dealerships would not be winding back miles off of their vehicles in a million years...

The only place it would be common practice is in some dodgy junkyard. 

100% support the idea of mileage rollback, not for dealers though.

I agree that the ability to rollback odometers should be an option available, IRL I could make a call in the next hour and get it done before end of tommorow on my own vehicle.

I don't think it should be readily available to anyone however and especially not dealers, mileage rollbacks are far more common on private sales than dealer cars and although IRL its easy, there would need to be some form of limitation to ensure that people aren't taking advantage of it to avoid servicing.

The device could become something similar to narc devices and card skimmers found in pawn shops, and could be held at a high price, laws could be put in place to restrict the sale/possession of said devices to add to the risk, they could be priced high/given as a strawman scheme item to limit the amount of people to well trusted Rpers with correct backgrounds.

Servicing could be solved through having a displayed odometer vs actual behind the scenes that the player can't see in order to ensure that it is tracked and cars still break down at service intervals.

Long story short, I'm all for it but really and truly, it's a lot of work to implement something which would inevitably become abused by dealerships/ overused by street urchin resellers and has limited impact on a vehicles actual price point IC.