Decentralize Pilot Licenses

Supernova

1 hour ago, munnezza said:

Can't we have multiple aviation schools?

We can, but there is no interest, there has only been 2 applications in 2 years, and one of them being Blaine Aviation. I don't see how it is fair for a small niche group of players to limit the entire playerbase's roleplay and fun

image.png

Give us the National Guard to intercept and handle the influx of meme worthy aviation RP that would occur, and already occurs with the tight restrictions in place. I'm talking sidewinders.

In all seriousness, the monopoly isn't all bad. If you are seriously dedicated to an aviation based character, the hoops and effort needed to achieve that, serve as a good block to those who would actively detract from aviation RP. Anyone is free to apply to the SAAA to open up a flight school, but there is limited interest as it is. I would instead keep things the way it is now, but maybe open up a licensing format like the FLD. Exams, a cost, and detailed explanation of the SAAA guidelines around aviation. Along with it, a background check. Nearly anyone can get a private license assuming they have the time, and money. But a commercial license would require some direct dedication.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Fabulous said:

…while the people leading SAAA or Blaine are not fully noticing it, they are indeed killing the aviation roleplay and scaring the people that are interested by raising the standart and amount of knowledge you need to learn to fly an aircraft in a game more and more.

We are here to have fun and not play Microsoft Flight Simulator in GTAW at the end of the day.

+1 to the suggestion and agreed with this. There’s such an amazing opportunity for aviation RP to expand on this server and be extremely fun, but that will never happen with the current level of entry (both required process to get a license and required knowledge to obtain it).

BY reading all these comments I only see people who complain for a thing that has many ways to change. Blaine opens pilot recruitment for their team but nobody applies. If you are all so Aviation RP enthusiast then that is the perfect opportunity for you to expand your rp and also help others do it. Nobody ever applies for a new flight school, on the other hand they complain "Why can't we have more flight schools". Apply then, if you got the knowledge and you think you got this, make it happen, don't stay here and complain and wait for others to back you up. Blaine has multiple positions within it's team, so does SAAA. I think I can tell who the real interested people in aviation rp are. But you know how it is. There are people who are happy and those who will complain, no matter what you bring to the server.

Edited by albsoldier
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, albsoldier said:

BY reading all these comments I only see people who complain for a thing that has many ways to change. Blaine opens pilot recruitment for their team but nobody applies. If you are all so Aviation RP enthusiast then that is the perfect opportunity for you to expand your rp and also help others do it. Nobody ever applies for a new flight school, on the other hand they complain "Why can't we have more flight schools". Apply then, if you got the knowledge and you think you got this, make it happen, don't stay here and complain and wait for others to back you up. Blaine has multiple positions within it's team, so does SAAA. I think I can tell who the real interested people in aviation rp are. But you know how it is. There are people who are happy and those who will complain, no matter what you bring to the server.

This is GTA:W, there will ALWAYS be people who complain about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING when something doesn't go their way. 💀 
And he asked for a lesson twice in total, and both were times that didn't quite fit for the instructor/s.. And now he here complaining, typical.

• Upvote 1

Hey, one of the instructors from Blaine Aviation. Recently we've been getting a much larger wave of students and quite a few instructors are no longer actively, mainly due to work and university. I will not get mad at them for this, because IRL matters is always more important than a video game. We are actively trying to hire more instructors, which there is plenty of evidence off. Unfortunately none of the current pilots are applying for this.

I think one issue that the student / instructor ratio is unrealistic. There are way too many students which doesn't make any sense. All kinds of random characters decide that they want to become a pilot because they are bored, even though it honestly doesn't really fit their character profile. DA's, LEO's, business owners, even gas station attendants for some reason think they need a pilot license. Please make sure it fits your character before you apply for this.

4 hours ago, Fabulous said:

I am fully in favor of decentralising the pilot licenses. It is ran by people who are flight enthusiasts IRL and even pilots, but the way they set up a standart that adds just so many lessons and so much knowledge that needs to be learned just makes this unfun.

This is just untrue. What do you mean by raising the standards? The standards, pricing and procedures have been completely the same for years.

At the end of the day, this is a heavy-RP server. To think you can become a pilot with a command and without any roleplay is just ridiculous. THIS is what would kill aviation RP. This is just gonna lead to more trucker-grinders who just wanna farm the pilot job, instead of properly roleplaying a pilot. 

I wont let the trucker-grinders take over aviation RP. I wont let it happen. Ill will die fighting for proper aviation RP.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
2 minutes ago, danistheman said:

I think one issue that the student / instructor ratio is unrealistic. There are way too many students which doesn't make any sense. All kinds of random characters decide that they want to become a pilot because they are bored, even though it honestly doesn't really fit their character profile. DA's, LEO's, business owners, even gas station attendants for some reason think they need a pilot license. Please make sure it fits your character before you apply for this.

I think, in my opinion, it's a bit of a nonsecutor to bring up something completely irrelevant, if you have issues with portrayal then go make an RPQM report, alternatively, this /is/ a Blaine Aviation thing so I feel like these people should have been denied, don't you think so?

1 minute ago, Tzula said:

I think, in my opinion, it's a bit of a nonsecutor to bring up something completely irrelevant, if you have issues with portrayal then go make an RPQM report, alternatively, this /is/ a Blaine Aviation thing so I feel like these people should have been denied, don't you think so?

You are completely wrong. We don't have any means of doing background checks on people IC so that is not up to us who applies and who doesn't lets not bring something irrelevant to the topic please.