Cops stacking gun charges for life sentences

Cops stacking gun charges for life sentences   

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, DLimit said:

People just don't want to take responsibility for their actions, anymore. 

What does not wanting crimes to be ridiculously stacked on top of each other to ruin another player's experience have to do with not wanting to take responsibility?

Edited by Decker
2 hours ago, Bandit. said:

A wise man quoted this: 

Charge stacking is not a thing, even the DA's office where I'm from will not take several charges and have quoted "we don't stack charges here."

Some of the LEO RPers and Judicial RPers need to be caught up to speed, and quick. 

The penal code clearly explains when something can be stacked and when it can't. 

It hasn't been a thing since at least midway 2021 and it wasn't a major thing before that either.

We (JSA and DAO leadership) are not and will not be actively micromanaging every single court case however, and there are IC remedies to charge stacking such as motions to dismiss specific charges and filing IC reports on prosecutors who are doing this practice.

As for officers doing them, I can not speak on their behalf, as I am not leadership in any of their factions.

Just now, Decker said:

What does not wanting crimes to be ridiculously stacked ont op of each other to ruin another player's experience have to do with not wanting to take responsibility?

Then don't stack tons of guns in a house and bring heat to it. Has all to do with being responsible.

1 minute ago, BjornV said:

The penal code clearly explains when something can be stacked and when it can't. 

It hasn't been a thing since at least midway 2021 and it wasn't a major thing before that either.

We (JSA and DAO leadership) are not and will not be actively micromanaging every single court case however, and there are IC remedies to charge stacking such as motions to dismiss specific charges and filing IC reports on prosecutors who are doing this practice.

As for officers doing them, I can not speak on their behalf, as I am not leadership in any of their factions.

P.s.

Over the years new charges have been introduced specifically in case someone is found with 10 guns in 1 house so that there are differing severities depending on how many guns you are caught with. For the rest outside of what the penal code specifically allows to be stacked, nothing should be getting stacked.

1 minute ago, Decker said:

So we should just carry 6+ guns around on ourselves instead?

Just don't bring heat to the trap house, or stash it elsewhere if heat is brought to the trap-house. Been RPing illegal, on this server, for almost 4 years. Only had it raided, once, as I was RPing a hot-head char.

Why are you making ridiculous examples when you know what to do.

Edited by DLimit
4 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Just don't bring heat to the trap house, or stash it elsewhere if heat is brought to the trap-house. Been RPing illegal, on this server, for almost 4 years. Only had it raided, once, as I was RPing a hot-head char.

You're either missing the point of the thread or ignoring it on purpose. The issue is that if you get raided and they find a ton of drugs, you get nowhere near a life sentence. If you get arrested for a murder you can also land below life sentence criminal points. That's the level of severity the penal code was designed with on purpose. But if they catch you with more than a few guns then you enter life sentence range criminal points.

It's nothing to do with taking responsibility or laying low, it's just that the combination of penal code + the way they stack charges + the way those points are added up and prosecuted, does not make sense compared to other more-severe crimes.

• Upvote 2
  • Phased locked this topic