Latest Rage MP update just resulted in mass FPS lag?

liq

On 2/14/2023 at 4:21 PM, Sterren said:

Your fear of somebody cheating is stupidly big and calling the people wanting EAC gone cheaters themselves for wanting "aimbot" is ridiculous, EAC was implemented to basically simplify it for servers, so they don't essentially need to develop their own AC tools, as well as defending the Russian communities that were having huge issues with hackers, but what game doesn't nowadays, and in most scenarios an anti-cheat does nothing.

Your assumption of people wanting EAC gone simply to install their "aimbot" back is just a bold statement, EAC degraded Rage's performance by a lot, unnecessarily lots and keeps degrading it more with the updates that come to it, Rage's EAC is a cheaply implemented anti cheat measurement, it's not even a premium anti cheat, it's the free version.

EAC was a stupid move from RageMP and ever since it's release the client has been very slow, the performance you probably never experienced since you seem to really praise this amazing work from RAGE.

Praise a client that has a bunch of Chinese symbols in process names for it's anti cheat, releases updates supposedly to fix performance but breaks it down even more.

image.png
Source: Baboon's Discord

No, this client is perfect by all means, we really gotta applaud the developer for being so transparent with the userbase.

i cant even launch rage anymore due to this retarded anticheat, "untrusted" files are popping out by this shit

Taking into consideration that RAGE MP is not optimized platform itself, plus the EAC which causes even more FPS loss, it's reasonable for the game to not be playable as before. In my opinion, if RAGE decides to remove the EAC and focus on optimizing the platform, we'd be having much better FPS on the server.

On 2/14/2023 at 5:21 PM, Sterren said:

Your fear of somebody cheating is stupidly big and calling the people wanting EAC gone cheaters themselves for wanting "aimbot" is ridiculous, EAC was implemented to basically simplify it for servers, so they don't essentially need to develop their own AC tools, as well as defending the Russian communities that were having huge issues with hackers, but what game doesn't nowadays, and in most scenarios an anti-cheat does nothing.

Your assumption of people wanting EAC gone simply to install their "aimbot" back is just a bold statement, EAC degraded Rage's performance by a lot, unnecessarily lots and keeps degrading it more with the updates that come to it, Rage's EAC is a cheaply implemented anti cheat measurement, it's not even a premium anti cheat, it's the free version.

EAC was a stupid move from RageMP and ever since it's release the client has been very slow, the performance you probably never experienced since you seem to really praise this amazing work from RAGE.

Praise a client that has a bunch of Chinese symbols in process names for it's anti cheat, releases updates supposedly to fix performance but breaks it down even more.

image.png
Source: Baboon's Discord

No, this client is perfect by all means, we really gotta applaud the developer for being so transparent with the userbase.

I honestly do not understand the devs behind RageMP, why ENFORCE this anti cheat, why not just add it and allow server owners to disable it's requirement if said owner wants to implement his own solution for their server. Something that Nervous has in place mind you, GTAW has measures to prevent cheating made. Why not allow to disable the entire requirement as a flag is beyond me.

I do remember either the devs or Nervous mention that it was coming and it will be disabled, but then it came and no ability to turn it off.

I have noticed this performance decline after they enforced EAC, when I had 1080Ti I noticed I lost about 40 fps, got it back when my card died and I upgraded to 3080, but got back the 40 I lost, which shows EAC does interfere.

Edited by Vash Baldeus
On 3/4/2023 at 6:06 PM, cleavoN said:

Taking into consideration that RAGE MP is not optimized platform itself, plus the EAC which causes even more FPS loss, it's reasonable for the game to not be playable as before. In my opinion, if RAGE decides to remove the EAC and focus on optimizing the platform, we'd be having much better FPS on the server.

Bigger issue is that for whatever reason Nervous and his dev's had to make SYNC fixes in the game-mode to fix sync of vehicles and other things. WHY is not this part of RageMP's like it used to be on SAMP

On 2/13/2023 at 11:57 PM, TonyMontana12 said:

didn't know graphic mods we're more important than having more hackers n cheaters my bad,
But I think hackers and cheaters affect the general community more than graphic mods personally, I mean you can fix your issue - remove the mods, but if EAC is removed a whole new array of issues opens, for the general community who wouldn't be able to fix the issue until it was reenabled 

Prior EAC was introduced to RageMP, you think GTAW had an infestation of cheaters? You would be wrong, there are means to prevent such actions were made in the game-mode. Was rare to see someone get banned for cheating of any sort.

49 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Bigger issue is that for whatever reason Nervous and his dev's had to make SYNC fixes in the game-mode to fix sync of vehicles and other things. WHY is not this part of RageMP's like it used to be on SAMP

I think RAGEMP staff team is focusing on optimizing the platform and constantly fixing bugs. However the sync issues aren't avoidable to the point where you won't have any desync. The Developers are trying their best to fix the things that are necessary for a normal gameplay, however Rage should be also focusing on fixing their problems with the optimization and EAC who is making the game to frame drop.