Server wipe.

Jules

Server wipe  

552 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 hours ago, swamature said:

make a house request or find better ways of making money. i've made 200k~ in about a week in like 8 hours of activity. 
apartments are also a good choice, realistically they're cheaper than houses anyways. 

What other ways of making money do you suggest for a legal character? Not like it makes sense to work as a barman in your spare time as a cop.

The server's economy is just fucked up. Houses need a cap on how much they can sell for.

rather people advocate for different systems entirely instead of building on top the dysfunctional OOC economy we have rn. the issue we face is that assets rarely switch hands due to them existing on an account wide basis, rather than a character wide basis, leading to a disproportionate amount of demand as players juggle valuable things between namechanges

how about we try to move away from this system altogether rather than fix it? what if the leasing process was loosened and expanded, at the cost of people losing their lease whenever they CK or NC? rich people could focus on portraying a wealthy lifestyle instead of having to worry about OOC maintenance and accruing those things to begin with. the same could be said forbusiness owners, or gang members who want to focus on lifestyle portrayal instead of grinding millions for a house in the hood

imo just give people with ideas the shit they need to rp those ideas instead of forcing them through outdated rpg design mechanics. wouldnt it be better if people were driving high end cars bcs they wanted to rp a rich snob, rather than them using it as a justification for the 230 hours they trucked? roleplay should be the driving factor of who has what in this server, rather than the OOC bank they've built up over 3 years on 20 different characters

Edited by dissociating

Would be nice to see a server wipe and a major rule over haul, sometimes RPing on World is frustrating. You want realism but you want it to be fun, balanced. I haven't felt that in a little while, and it goes with what people play the server for. 

In my opinion, seeing as many people don't want their assets to be erased, I'd assume they value them fairly high. But if you're here to RP, what does your assets matter? 

Assets wouldn't be a big deal if there was economic balance, 

On 2/1/2023 at 12:38 PM, pateuvasiliu said:

Houses that were bought for 300k are selling for millions. We have vastly inflated prices.

A PD character makes 160k a month. If I wanted to buy a nice house I would have to play 20 hours weekly on gtaw for 2 years. You could almost get a degree with that time investment in real life.

Going with what I just said, if nobody sees what pateu is saying, they're apart of the problem. Myself and others have been RPing for years and reading that sentence just makes me think funny in a way, I couldn't imagine wanting to RP as a hobby, working at least 40 hours a week then having to play 20 hours weekly to be poorly rewarded. It just doesn't sound fun at all. 

It doesn't even sound like a video game. Grinding is cool but...

I feel a lot of people value assets over immersion, there has to be a way to balance it all out without it taking extremally long periods of time. (esp for us working folk 😄 )

On 2/3/2023 at 12:45 AM, pateuvasiliu said:

What other ways of making money do you suggest for a legal character? Not like it makes sense to work as a barman in your spare time as a cop.

The server's economy is just fucked up. Houses need a cap on how much they can sell for.

own a business
do trucking
do taxis
do any job
work for a company

(the port pays you like 35k per person every week when you do 3 shifts iirc)