Move the crosshair while aiming

Sunni

Detailed Description

Make the crosshair move around while aiming instead of being perfectly steady and perfectly set on the target. No one's hands are steady and no one's aim is accurate. It would simulate the natural movements of the body, the adrenaline, body position and other factors. It could also decrease as someone uses a weapon more and gets more comfortable, but it would still be there. I'll write on the benefits of this below.

Relevant Commands/Items

None.

How will it benefit the server?

Coupled with recoil, this will make gunfights not only more realistic, but also much more challenging and fun. It will take longer and also take more skill and tactics to land a shot. People will have to actually practice using their weapons instead of having perfect aim the second they pick it up. Taking cover during a gunfight and having a plan will also be possible as they won't end in the first 15 seconds.

As a legal and illegal player, I would absolutely love for whenever I am involved in a shootouts to have it last more, to have to plan out my actions, take cover and feel good about landing a shot. As it currently stands, if you start a shootout it will end in seconds and someone will die - in real life though, it usually takes longer, more bullets are used and there's a chance no one lands a (good) shot.

If possible, please do it, huge +1. 

As an experienced shooter, both with assault rifles and pistols, it requires some technique and training to be able to keep your aim against your target. Characters who just received their very first weapon in their entire life shots like they're a Police S.W.A.T sharpshooter from a distance of 70 meters and more, it's highly unrealistic.

45 minutes ago, root said:

As an experienced shooter, both with assault rifles and pistols, it requires some technique and training to be able to keep your aim against your target. Characters who just received their very first weapon in their entire life shots like they're a Police S.W.A.T sharpshooter from a distance of 70 meters and more, it's highly unrealistic.  

Exactly. Just imagine how much more fun shootouts would be if they took a few minutes instead of a few seconds, if people had time to take cover and move around for better angles and shots, if they had to think twice about each shot instead of just spamming click, plus it would give people more chances to either have backup, be noticed or be able to run away.

Another plus is that those who take it seriously won't have to lose gunfights on purpose because their character can't shoot properly, so they'd normally have to just shoot randomly because script-wise they could land perfect shots in 2 seconds - it would all be chance, circumstances, and skill. 

11 hours ago, root said:

It's possible, I've actually discussed this with the devs, and there is an accuracy mechanic that is possible to implement. My take was to have accuracy bloom to max after each round fired, with a two second wait for the bloom to shrink fully back to pin-point accuracy, but the suggestion above could be an interesting way to really show it. As long as there's a required waiting time (again, two seconds) to regain absolute precision or face a risk of shots going wide (it's randomized according to how fast you shoot, and thus, how big the accuracy spread is, with shots going anywhere in that area of that spread), I'm fine with it.

There's an added bonus, too. Not only do professional/experienced shooters get to show that with taking time to aim before each shot, it also makes aimbots literally impossible, as an aimbot can't guess the probability of where a bullet is going to go in an area with random assignment, it can't just guess "Your bullet is going to go up and to the left", so unless someone with an aimbot REALLY slows down, they're going to be completely vulnerable to any opposition with more shooters than them, and typically much easier to notice when they're more visibly snapping to targets waiting for a chance to reliably hit their targets.

9 hours ago, Don't@Me said:

This suggestion also fucks with chars that do have experience and are able to track their target.

Literally nothing short of the absolute best shooters can squeeze off three headshots at a range of five plus meters in the span of two seconds. Shooters can still show their experience by taking a moment to actually aim, rather than mag-dumping.

You know, like actual shooters with experience.

But I'll tell you what, you show me a video of a gangbanger in the streets landing three consecutive headshots at three meters plus in three seconds, and I'll concede to you that this suggestion is unnecessary.

Just one video. I'll wait. 

Edited by DasFroggy
  • Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Don't@Me said:

If you wanna be realistic and miss your shots because your char isn’t experienced, then go right on ahead nobody’s stopping you.
This suggestion also fucks with chars that do have experience and are able to track their target. -1

It actually doesn't. The more you use your weapon, the more comfortable you'll be with these natural movements and will be able to shoot. It's the same in real life. And still, even the sharpest shooter ever will not land every single one of their shots in real life, in a live scenario. On GTA World, without this? Everyone's "experienced" and all shootouts end with everyone shot or dead in seconds.

Sure, you can purposely miss shots but that's just stupid, no offence. It takes the fun away if you already know you're losing rather than being pretty sure you are but leaving it to chance.