Food deterioration system

This feels like a pointless additional thing to have to inventory/time manage for. If you're forgetting to eat your food, this will only make your inventory more annoying to deal with.

I do not want this addition.

More inspections means more players taking that role only for the paperwork and getting burnt out just like all the fire marshalls. This ends up just being more paperwork that does not make managing a business fun when there are already so many other things to juggle. More roadblocks only make it harder on players trying to learn the systems and get setup appropriately. 

-1 to this suggestion.

• Upvote 2

Instead of this why can't food just disappear from your inventory (/pinv & /vinv included) after..let's say a week after their creation?
Most players either have their inventory full all the time, having to drop or eat/drink them all before we can give them a new item they're gonna forget about, OR stuff them into their property and never touch it again. This also is somewhat frustrating as well when you buy someone's house/apartment and they have like 50k+ inventory space filled with junk.

33 minutes ago, honeyburger said:

it's not a rpg server. stop relying on the script to do stuff for you.

/my food is rotten.

become more creative with your roleplay.

I'm not going to say that this suggestion is needed/important. However, IMO It have nothing to do with "rpg". I see a lot of people keeps saying "too rpg" on a suggestion that will make the server more realistic. Black screen after a crash? Too rpg. Character's aim forced to be suck scriptly? Too rpg. Food rotting? Too rpg. While we have drugs system that is totally a rpg system (buff/debuff).

If we don't need script, might as well remove furniture system and imagine our characters are somewhere in a club/wonderland.

I'm not a fan of this suggestion, mostly for these reasons:

-It penalizes businesses that are not too much active, since any leftover food would go bad and would not be used in the future (for example, drink script in a unique item store business)

-Having spare food in the inventory can be useful for characters that for example spar in a gym or train with other people. Not having to rely on others downing you and spamming /helpup just to reset your health and instead use the leftover food you have in your inventory is very handy.

-Having leftover food in the inventory without it getting rotten is also useful for ooc scenarios, like when someone missclicks and punches you or things like that.

-As for the "randomly consume it to get rid of it", I don't see where the problem is. just do it when you're not roleplaying and it's all good.

Not sure on this, a fridge would be difficult to script, and as someone who owns a business that makes a food product, to decrease waiting times, I bulk produce everything in advance, to reduce the time I need to /iconpicker, /createitem, /myinvex, and finally /assignimage. 

This suggestion would require me to do all the above, everytime. And with players who are not willing to wait, would result in a negative experience