Archive

Narco

• Narco changed the title to End robberies specifically for single firearms
1 minute ago, sCrax said:

I mean it makes all sense in the world to check your waistband first to see if you are armed for their own safety. 

Not one single person in real life is going directly for someone's waistband when robbing them with a pistol out in public, it just doesn't happen. Pockets? sure, shoes? sure, hoodie? sure. But who realistically is going hmm let me check this guys waistband for a gun while I'm robbing him. Never would happen it's just an unrealistic scenario overall unless they know the person is often strapped and it would be a realistic risk. 

Edited by Narco
3 minutes ago, Narco said:

Not one single person in real life is going directly for someone's waistband when robbing them with a pistol, it just doesn't happen. Pockets? sure, shoes? sure, hoodie? sure. But who realistically is going hmm let me check this guys waistband for a gun while I'm robbing him. Never would happen it's just an unrealistic scenario overall unless they know the person is often strapped and it would be a realistic risk. 

How is it unrealistic? It's America, everybody has guns. Especially gang members are overly paranoid so it makes perfect sense to check if someone's armed. You are saying it doesn't happen like you get robbed every day IRL lmao. It's the first thing on everybody's checklist when checking someone. I know here people don't give a fuck about their safety but IRL you don't want to take someone's wallet, run away and get shot in the back. You always check if they are armed. This ain't Eastern Europe, it's completely normal that people carry guns on them here.

Edited by sCrax
4 minutes ago, sCrax said:

How is it unrealistic? It's America, everybody has guns. Especially gang members are overly paranoid so it makes perfect sense to check if someone's armed. You are saying it doesn't happen like you get robbed every day IRL lmao. It's the first thing on everybody's checklist when checking someone. I know here people don't give a fuck about their safety but IRL you don't want to take someone's wallet, run away and get shot in the back. You always check if they are armed. This ain't Eastern Europe, it's completely normal that people carry guns on them here.

So if you're a gang member and you have the thought in your head that another person is most likely armed, why would you rob them or even attempt? you clearly don't fear for your life enough if you want to potentially rob someone that you KNOW could be armed, rather than going to a rich neighborhood and robbing some random nerdy person. It just doesn't make sense at all. Literally nobody in real life that is robbing someone goes straight for someone's waistband I can promise you that, if you find one person that's been mugged in real life ask them if the person went straight for their waistband, or even looked around their waistband. It never happens. Using the "this is America" argument on a server that portrays California is politically incorrect. I am a California resident in the Bay Area and I've seen people robbed, mugged before, and even have friends that currently gangbang. Not everybody here in California is armed, Nobody is going up to people patting their waistbands down right away, it's loot goblin mentality. 

Edited by Narco
  • Narco changed the title to End RANDOM muggings specifically for firearm gain only
2 minutes ago, Narco said:

So if you're a gang member and you have the thought in your head that another person is most likely armed, why would you rob them or even attempt? you clearly don't fear for your life enough if you want to potentially rob someone that you KNOW could be armed, rather than going to a rich neighborhood and robbing some random nerdy person. It just doesn't make sense at all. Literally nobody in real life that is robbing someone goes straight for someone's waistband I can promise you that, if you find one person that's been mugged in real life ask them if the person went straight for their waistband, or even looked around their waistband. It never happens. Using the "this is America" argument on a server that portrays California is politically incorrect. I am a California resident in the Bay Area and I've seen people robbed, mugged before, and even have friends that currently gangbang. Nobody is going up to people patting their waistbands down right away, it's loot goblin mentality. 

Bro... Guns don't grow on trees, they are a valuable commodity for any gang member. You have people robbing security guards even though they know that they are armed. Guns are valuable but they also do it just to clown their opps on social media. Most gang members are reckless as fuck and just want to earn their stripes. If you see someone lacking and you can get the upper hand on them and get a firearm on top of it? You will take the chance. But it's just common sense to check if anybody is armed. If you don't want to talk about America, let's talk about the IC situation. Everybody is armed here, everybody carries their PF gun on them and minors have firearms regardless. Your suggestion makes no sense when we talk about IC logic. Everybody should expect others to have a gun on them here due to the high crime rate and unrealistic escalations. Even if I'm robbing an 80 y/o elderly woman here I'll check their waist to see if they have a firearm here since literally EVERYBODY has one here. We both talk about realism but ain't shit realistic about this server.

1 minute ago, sCrax said:

Bro... Guns don't grow on trees, they are a valuable commodity for any gang member. You have people robbing security guards even though they know that they are armed. Guns are valuable but they also do it just to clown their opps on social media. Most gang members are reckless as fuck and just want to earn their stripes. If you see someone lacking and you can get the upper hand on them and get a firearm on top of it? You will take the chance. But it's just common sense to check if anybody is armed. If you don't want to talk about America, let's talk about the IC situation. Everybody is armed here, everybody carries their PF gun on them and minors have firearms regardless. Your suggestion makes no sense when we talk about IC logic. Everybody should expect others to have a gun on them here due to the high crime rate and unrealistic escalations. Even if I'm robbing an 80 y/o elderly woman here I'll check their waist to see if they have a firearm here since literally EVERYBODY has one here. We both talk about realism but ain't shit realistic about this server.

If we're being honest, no gang member in real life goes around looking to rob someone of their firearm, they wouldn't put themselves in harms way of being shot. Most people that steal firearms steal them out of houses and vehicles. If you're robbing an 80 year old woman and checking her waist I'd say there's a real RP issue that needs to be addressed as nobody in real life is robbing an elderly person and checking their waistband for a firearm, even in Detroit, Compton, Chicago, it just doesn't happen. 

1 minute ago, Narco said:

If we're being honest, no gang member in real life goes around looking to rob someone of their firearm, they wouldn't put themselves in harms way of being shot. Most people that steal firearms steal them out of houses and vehicles. If you're robbing an 80 year old woman and checking her waist I'd say there's a real RP issue that needs to be addressed as nobody in real life is robbing an elderly person and checking their waistband for a firearm, even in Detroit, Compton, Chicago, it just doesn't happen. 

You need to understand that this isn't real life. We have created a fictional environment that is mimicking real life but we are nowhere near it. You can't talk about realism just to log in game and see 15 dead bodies everywhere every two minutes. That's not real life. People adjust to IC circumstances. Weapons are valuable as fuck here and on top of that, everybody is armed to their teeth so it makes perfect sense to check if someone's armed. It's the environment that we have created. It doesn't make sense IC to ignore the possibility of someone being armed here. You will get shot the second you don't check them for weapons. That's just how it is here. The RP standard here is so shit that it reflects on every aspect of roleplay.

This isn't the way to go about it. There are plenty of problems with regards to player mentality, the lack of weapons or the abundance of weapons. Robberies have more than enough restrictions on them already. Enough is enough. If you are robbed under conditions where the robber abides with all the complex rules already in place, then your character loses their weapon. That's what happens with robberies.

The problem you're looking to solve needs different solutions.

Edited by mj2002
  • Narco changed the title to Archive
  • Phased locked this topic