Command to respawn faction vehicle you're in

St3fan[NL]

• Developer

Hi all,

Since faction vehicles need to be returned to their positions undamaged for other faction members to use it's quite a pain to keep repairing and paying for the costs of the PNS. Realistically a department such as the PD or FD covers vehicle expenses when they need to be done. If we have to pay for each time the cars get a little damaged due to pursuits, PITs, or being shot at (for PD's example) we would not earn a single dollar but instead spend money.

I suggest that we can use a command like /respawncar to respawn a faction vehicle at its original position just like a faction tow.

I agree with the suggestion. If it is really an issue, have the command deduct a set amount from the faction bank, but it does not make sense to have the players pay for the PnS, especially with GT:MP's sync issues.

Something I have seen on SA:MP servers is that dynamic repair points were placed down and a command such as /repaircar could be typed and it would repair the car. A feature similar to that could be added for legal factions and the money be deducted from the faction's vault. This would avoid faction members taking their group's car to a PnS and having to personally pay a repair fee.

Edited by CRobinson

Something that I would like to see is that it costs the faction X amount of money depending on the damage (over 20% damage) to the car and it can be repaired at the faction base.

Example: Vehicle is 80% damaged, officer uses /repair, faction is charged $500 for repairs. 

This means they will take more care when driving and also when in pursuits (i.e ramming).

Edited by Rukka

We are not going to need this as we are focusing on roleplay. This RPG "oh I broke my cruiser cause I went 90 miles an hour through an intersection and spun out to respond to a traffic stop" so I can just re spawn my vehicle" thing isn't gonna be allowed here. When someone breaks the car here,  We actually take it out of commission and it comes out of our budget. No more respawn at will cruisers. While this may be an exception for the current few weeks to come due to lag, it won't be for when the server is stable.

@HemmaX

This isn't going to be a thing. The PD is bound by a budget that CITY manages and creates, each time you damage a cruiser, you're to report it. like an officer would in real life. The fact that I have been friendly and actually used /ftow here in the beginning, has been due to flying cars and lag/desync. But it will eventually stop. Once it stops, the vehicle you take, is your responsibility and you use the vehicle at your own risk.