Show number of seats avaiable in car/bike dealerships

Detailed Description

There had been many instances where I was contemplating buying a vehicle, but had no information on how many seats there were in said vehicle. I end up buying it, only to find out the big ass van I just bought is a lousy two-seater. There are clearly other seats for people to hop in, but script wise, it's not an option! This happened to me again recently, buying a quad bike with a back seat only to realize it is just a one-seater. There's clearly a back seat, but our poor characters cannot fit! It's all too confusing and frankly quite unfair once I've already spent the money for it.

My suggestion is simple. In the server-side car dealerships, just put a visual cue with a simple number of seats available. Here's an example:

2C6lS2A.jpg

Relevant Commands/Items

Car dealerships, vehicles.

How will it benefit the server?

I think it would benefit a lot of people that are not familiar with the technicalities of the cars available/car mods included in the server. This is very clearly an OOC issue that can be solved fairly easily if the players just had the information available in the first place. I buy a quad bike with a backseat thinking it would have room for a passenger (because there's a seat with a damn back rest on it!), but it doesn't!

I generally think there could be much more information available in the car dealership screen. Top speed, road capabilities, number of passengers, etc. but felt that this was the most frustrating one. Add this little visual cue to help confused players like me! Thank you.

Edited by GF
  • Upvote 10
  • GF changed the title to Show number of seats avaiable in car/bike dealerships

Alternatively, it would be great if you could select a car and then see a detailed sheet of its stats. Perhaps statistics from the vehicle's handling file could be converted to roleplay friendly information. Information like the number of seats, mpg, and other roleplay related information could be included as well.

Edited by mj2002
  • Upvote 2
10 hours ago, mj2002 said:

Alternatively, it would be great if you could select a car and then see a detailed sheet of its stats. Perhaps statistics from the vehicle's handling file could be converted to roleplay friend information. Information like the number of seats, mpg, and other roleplay related information could be included as well.

That would be pretty nice + maybe how much the insurance will cost you and so.

25 minutes ago, TotalDeeJay said:

I don't know how accurate this thread is, but insurance prices are listed.

Thread is around 95% accurate I'd say. We got given the insurance percentages for each vehicle (its based on their class) a while back. However we do make mistakes sometimes. Same with the seats. If anyone spots anything that's incorrect feel free to send me a PM about it.