[GAME MECHANIC] Restoring Beater cars

L33SA5

Detailed description:

I would like there to be an option to restore beater cars (for mechanics) to their original versions. Includes things like the beater tornado, beater emperor, beater journey etc.

This can only be done at a mechanic workshop with proper roleplay.

Relevant commands:

Add it to the menu in workshops.

How would it benefit the server:

Just think of the car restoration community in real life! Wouldn't it be cool to do this as well in game?

I don't know what to say, honestly. You can always role-play working on your rusty/new car if that's your thing. This change from brand new to rusty, old beater would only happen once anyway. If the change is truly needed, just sell off the beater and get a new one. Regardless, most vehicles that have a rusty version have it as a decal, so it's just a matter of removing that.

And I feel like this would encourage people to farm money. Buy a rusty torando for $10k, do 20 lines of RP, now it's a normal tornado worth $50k. Do this 10 times and you just made $400,000.

7 hours ago, Mahitto said:

I don't know what to say, honestly. You can always role-play working on your rusty/new car if that's your thing. This change from brand new to rusty, old beater would only happen once anyway. If the change is truly needed, just sell off the beater and get a new one. Regardless, most vehicles that have a rusty version have it as a decal, so it's just a matter of removing that.

And I feel like this would encourage people to farm money. Buy a rusty torando for $10k, do 20 lines of RP, now it's a normal tornado worth $50k. Do this 10 times and you just made $400,000.

There used to be a path through PM on rare occasion where you could do something like this. Bonnie Stratton, the old owner from Octane did this for her super rare car that PM gave her but it was not 20 lines and I don’t think she could sell it. Pretty sure she documented the build RP over MONTHS before that was given to her though. It definitely wouldn’t be easy as 20 lines lol, if it were still allowed at all. As far as I know, that was a rare allowance. 

Edited by Brofessor