Modify the Crime Restriction Rules - Port of Los Santos

Crime Restrictions - Port of Los Santos  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I will list a bunch of my experiences during the last Five months and why it is best to keep the new rule as it is.

1.) Every time I log in I have to see masked men coming around the area scouting for robberies and the port area trespassing around with no reason. Doing laps around the area . So many times our convoys were delayed or out right cancelled because of this. 

2.) Poor Robbery roleplays within the general goods loading area which is in elysian island where the proposed changed occurs. Another one happened recently two weeks ago before the robbery rules implemented. 

3.) Attacks towards truckers around Buccaneer way road this has happened so many times with no reason at all. Poor escalation. I counted it around ten times this  happened at the dead of night around 2 am with no ports present.

4.) Attacks that occurs between the hours of 1 am to 6 am. So many times ports were called but no answer as most of them are off duty. No issue on that but in the end it is the truckers that suffer. 

5.) Cars following truckers from the port area in a suspicious manner or hitting trucks for no reason at all.

6.)  Trespassers on to IMEX lot. I have seen this happens some many times it is not funny anymore. Doing laps around the area.

It is funny to see this suggestion presented yet barriers are being placed at the gate and near the bridge showcasing the jurisdiction of the ports but yet wants to reduce the Restricted Crime Zone.

The above were only the few I can remember relating to the topic at hand but this is the main reason why there is a high turn over of people doing trucking because  of the constant amount of violence towards them or poor rpers attacking them or robbing them. I have seen this happen so many times every time I log in, To the point it is not funny any more and becomes borderline frustrating. The thing is, it is fair that the ports about cannot respond to calls all the time as they are not robots but it is not fun to be victim of crime every single time or hear calls like that on a daily basis . There was a trucker that was attacked by the same suspect so many times near Buccaneer way but the ports couldn't respond due to it being very late in the evening. Fortunately the company security team were able to drive off the suspect. That same suspect attacked an HR member and was caught but sadly it was voided because he claims it was lag which I do not believe. 

I read the posts and quite frankly I am baffled by the indifference shown here and I am also confused. Please note during late nights or early morning very few law enforcement officers are around. There were times that supervisors and security were working over time to stop any attacks towards truckers. This is not viable in the long term because of the burn outs that are happening.   

The restricted crime zone has reduce the issue to a certain extend in regards to mugging or robberies around the port area. But there are minor trespassing on and off which ports security teams can handle. So I do not see an issue with the current rule.   To be frank robberies towards truckers happen because Illegal rpers think truckers are armed to the teeth which is not true in most cases. 

2 hours ago, Jam888 said:

I will list a bunch of my experiences during the last Five months and why it is best to keep the new rule as it is.

1.) Every time I log in I have to see masked men coming around the area scouting for robberies and the port area trespassing around with no reason. Doing laps around the area . So many times our convoys were delayed or out right cancelled because of this. 

2.) Poor Robbery roleplays within the general goods loading area which is in elysian island where the proposed changed occurs. Another one happened recently two weeks ago before the robbery rules implemented. 

3.) Attacks towards truckers around Buccaneer way road this has happened so many times with no reason at all. Poor escalation. I counted it around ten times this  happened at the dead of night around 2 am with no ports present.

4.) Attacks that occurs between the hours of 1 am to 6 am. So many times ports were called but no answer as most of them are off duty. No issue on that but in the end it is the truckers that suffer. 

5.) Cars following truckers from the port area in a suspicious manner or hitting trucks for no reason at all.

6.)  Trespassers on to IMEX lot. I have seen this happens some many times it is not funny anymore. Doing laps around the area.

It is funny to see this suggestion presented yet barriers are being placed at the gate and near the bridge showcasing the jurisdiction of the ports but yet wants to reduce the Restricted Crime Zone.

The above were only the few I can remember relating to the topic at hand but this is the main reason why there is a high turn over of people doing trucking because  of the constant amount of violence towards them or poor rpers attacking them or robbing them. I have seen this happen so many times every time I log in, To the point it is not funny any more and becomes borderline frustrating. The thing is, it is fair that the ports about cannot respond to calls all the time as they are not robots but it is not fun to be victim of crime every single time or hear calls like that on a daily basis . There was a trucker that was attacked by the same suspect so many times near Buccaneer way but the ports couldn't respond due to it being very late in the evening. Fortunately the company security team were able to drive off the suspect. That same suspect attacked an HR member and was caught but sadly it was voided because he claims it was lag which I do not believe. 

I read the posts and quite frankly I am baffled by the indifference shown here and I am also confused. Please note during late nights or early morning very few law enforcement officers are around. There were times that supervisors and security were working over time to stop any attacks towards truckers. This is not viable in the long term because of the burn outs that are happening.   

The restricted crime zone has reduce the issue to a certain extend in regards to mugging or robberies around the port area. But there are minor trespassing on and off which ports security teams can handle. So I do not see an issue with the current rule.   To be frank robberies towards truckers happen because Illegal rpers think truckers are armed to the teeth which is not true in most cases. 

I have to agree with this. The vast majority of crime I've seen done around this area was somehow related to truckers and was always low-quality - mostly people robbing truckers in front of their HQ or trespassing and drifting around the IMEX lot.

The current rule still allows for illegal factions to commit proper, realistic illegal activities in the area, so it's not restrictive in that manner. Even if you had some valuable, realistic role-play to do, you should simply do it elsewhere - after all, a port area would be heavily guarded and covered by multiple CCTV cameras in real life, you can't just stroll in and do your thing.

• Upvote 2
On 1/27/2022 at 10:31 PM, Mahitto said:

I have to agree with this. The vast majority of crime I've seen done around this area was somehow related to truckers and was always low-quality - mostly people robbing truckers in front of their HQ or trespassing and drifting around the IMEX lot.

The current rule still allows for illegal factions to commit proper, realistic illegal activities in the area, so it's not restrictive in that manner. Even if you had some valuable, realistic role-play to do, you should simply do it elsewhere - after all, a port area would be heavily guarded and covered by multiple CCTV cameras in real life, you can't just stroll in and do your thing.

The only area of a port that would be heavily guarded in the case of LS port would be the terminal as it requires you to enter it via security checkpoints. Normally there would not be any security gates at the entrances of the port, we however placed them because we needed to mark out some areas. These gates are always open and are only manned if a player is operating it. So anyone can enter the port.

In terms of cctv people don't give a single **** about them. I work in a airport in irl as camera operator and you don't want to know how many people get rolled or their bags stolen. We even had people running around with knifes. 

I am saying it again we should stop fixing issues with ooc rules. Fix it ic. The drifting on IMEX keeps happening anyway until we could fit some gate there and the rest of the port is old and very fit for robberies. It has a lot of blind spots and low lighting.

In terms of (quality) illegal rp

We have had several occasions where indeed factions rpd on the port. Last time we found some guy being smuggled in a container it was rolled back by a admin and we were not allowed to see it. So again sapa was excluded there.

And on top of it all it ruins the dynamic, for me it's no fun patrolling the port,  all I do now is wait for something to happen instead of doing the same route over and over again knowing that there is a 0,5% chance I'll actually get to RP 

And SAPA is not only there for fighting illegal crime. We are also there to RP people doing business at the port or to respond and assist with emergency calls. But on the rare occasion a MVA actually happens people be like *looks left, looks right* 'No one here, let's go like nothing happened'

So we value all the opportunities we can get in terms of RP because there is only so much passive RP we can do.

I'd say remove the rule, but I am willing to compromise and leave it to terminal only. But something needs to be done before we start losing people.

(Wrote this on my phone in like 5 mins might be some mistakes)

Edited by Gregory Balaknovich
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Gregory Balaknovich said:

The only area of a port that would be heavily guarded in the case of LS port would be the terminal as it requires you to enter it via security checkpoints. Normally there would not be any security gates at the entrances of the port, we however placed them because we needed to mark out some areas. These gates are always open and are only manned if a player is operating it. So anyone can enter the port.

In terms of cctv people don't give a single **** about them. I work in a airport in irl as camera operator and you don't want to know how many people get rolled or their bags stolen. We even had people running around with knifes. 

I am saying it again we should stop fixing issues with ooc rules. Fix it ic. The drifting on IMEX keeps happening anyway until we could fit some gate there and the rest of the port is old and very fit for robberies. It has a lot of blind spots and low lighting.

In terms of (quality) illegal rp

We have had several occasions where indeed factions rpd on the port. Last time we found some guy being smuggled in a container it was rolled back by a admin and we were not allowed to see it. So again sapa was excluded there.

And on top of it all it ruins the dynamic, for me it's no fun patrolling the port,  all I do now is wait for something to happen instead of doing the same route over and over again knowing that there is a 0,5% chance I'll actually get to RP 

And SAPA is not only there for fighting illegal crime. We are also there to RP people doing business at the port or to respond and assist with emergency calls. But on the rare occasion a MVA actually happens people be like *looks left, looks right* 'No one here, let's go like nothing happened'

So we value all the opportunities we can get in terms of RP because there is only so much passive RP we can do.

I'd say remove the rule, but I am willing to compromise and leave it to terminal only. But something needs to be done before we start losing people.

There's nothing wrong with proper, illegal role-play and crime happening in the port area. It happens in real life. This rule, however, is meant to deter low-quality and/or unaffiliated crime from taking place. Any port in any country is a point-of-entry, it's a border to the country. They're protected both by the port authority and various other agencies, a lot of them, including private security, national/federal, local, state-level ones etc. They're under constant CCTV surveilance, constant patrols, and have various alarms and systems in place to prevent stuff from taking place.

Sure, if you have enough power, know the right people, or are smart enough, you can and you will do illegal stuff in the port, but you can't, as a random gangbanger or civilian, just stroll in with your japanese drifter ricer, do ten donuts, then pull your pistol and rob everyone. That's unrealistic and it shouldn't be allowed under any circumstances. You can't approach this ICly as it wouldn't happen ICly in the first place.

Sure, there are exceptions, but we're not here to role-play exceptions.

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

There's nothing wrong with proper, illegal role-play and crime happening in the port area. It happens in real life. This rule, however, is meant to deter low-quality and/or unaffiliated crime from taking place. Any port in any country is a point-of-entry, it's a border to the country. They're protected both by the port authority and various other agencies, a lot of them, including private security, national/federal, local, state-level ones etc. They're under constant CCTV surveilance, constant patrols, and have various alarms and systems in place to prevent stuff from taking place.

Sure, if you have enough power, know the right people, or are smart enough, you can and you will do illegal stuff in the port, but you can't, as a random gangbanger or civilian, just stroll in with your japanese drifter ricer, do ten donuts, then pull your pistol and rob everyone. That's unrealistic and it shouldn't be allowed under any circumstances. You can't approach this ICly as it wouldn't happen ICly in the first place.

Sure, there are exceptions, but we're not here to role-play exceptions.

There is, like I said when we find out its always a hassle.

And it is easy for people to just stroll into public areas and rob someone or steal vehicles. Again I have seen stuff like this happen on a airport. Where we have 3000+ cameras and people walking around with hk416s. People do this because they are busy areas and so, it's harder to get detected if you pull it off. Also a lot of places to hide and leave unseen and then there is the mentally unstable people...

I mean not every robbery is someone getting out with a gun standing 3 meters away from you screaming that you need to drop all your stuff.

You can just stand next to someone and show your gun or pull it out and keep it in-between.

The port is a public area with the exception of the terminal, so yes it is very possible you can get robbed or get your car stolen in these public areas. 

I cant stress enough that is does not matter how much security There is there will always be crime both high and low level.

And you are mentioning Japanese people with ricers but yet it happens more than ever, I have access to the security related emails IMEX gets. Almost everyday it has something about someone on their lot. This rule does not target those people nor do I think it needs to. Again most of the issues will be fixed if IMEX and the other companies can get a scripted gate that they can close.

Bam, solved. No car can enter the property and they can walk around freely without the fear of having somone pull up with a gun. 

Just now, Gregory Balaknovich said:

There is, like I said when we find out its always a hassle.

And it is easy for people to just stroll into public areas and rob someone or steal vehicles. Again I have seen stuff like this happen on a airport. Where we have 3000+ cameras and people walking around with hk416s. People do this because they are busy areas and so, it's harder to get detected if you pull it off. Also a lot of places to hide and leave unseen and then there is the mentally unstable people...

I mean not every robbery is someone getting out with a gun standing 3 meters away from you screaming that you need to drop all your stuff.

You can just stand next to someone and show your gun or pull it out and keep it in-between.

The port is a public area with the exception of the terminal, so yes it is very possible you can get robbed or get your car stolen in these public areas. 

I cant stress enough that is does not matter how much security There is there will always be crime both high and low level.

And you are mentioning Japanese people with ricers but yet it happens more than ever, I have access to the security related emails IMEX gets. Almost everyday it has something about someone on their lot. This rule does not target those people nor do I think it needs to. Again most of the issues will be fixed if IMEX and the other companies can get a scripted gate that they can close.

Bam, solved. No car can enter the property and they can walk around freely without the fear of having somone pull up with a gun. 

Just because it happened on some airport, at some point, a few times, does not mean that we should allow it to happen here. If you go into any airport, it's basically impossible to find randoms walking around with assault rifles or robbing people and even if you do spot that, once in a blue moon, they're swiftly apprehended. It's not a common occurrence and it doesn't happen in general. We shouldn't promote exceptions.

Ports are not public areas. You can't just walk in without a care in the world - you'll go through checkpoints, be IDed, maybe even frisked or have dogs sniff out your vehicle when going in or out. They're heavily guarded, access is restricted and they're under constant supervision. They're also under constant traffic, realistically speaking, as shipments come in and go out at every time of the day and night - ships, trucks, security patrols, civilians, law enforcement, various employees etc. Especially in such a large city. Again, crime does happen, but not like that. The current rules allow crime to happen by the right people, in the right ways. And that's good.

No, you can't really stroll into a port, find a random person and approach them with a pistol without raising suspicions, being noticed by people, by CCTV cameras, etc. Same with drifting around the parking lot of a trucking company. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, I'm saying that it shouldn't happen and if anything, the rules should be more strict, not less strict. It's extremely unrealistic, this stuff doesn't happen in real life.

24 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

Just because it happened on some airport, at some point, a few times, does not mean that we should allow it to happen here. If you go into any airport, it's basically impossible to find randoms walking around with assault rifles or robbing people and even if you do spot that, once in a blue moon, they're swiftly apprehended. It's not a common occurrence and it doesn't happen in general. We shouldn't promote exceptions.

Ports are not public areas. You can't just walk in without a care in the world - you'll go through checkpoints, be IDed, maybe even frisked or have dogs sniff out your vehicle when going in or out. They're heavily guarded, access is restricted and they're under constant supervision. They're also under constant traffic, realistically speaking, as shipments come in and go out at every time of the day and night - ships, trucks, security patrols, civilians, law enforcement, various employees etc. Especially in such a large city. Again, crime does happen, but not like that. The current rules allow crime to happen by the right people, in the right ways. And that's good.

No, you can't really stroll into a port, find a random person and approach them with a pistol without raising suspicions, being noticed by people, by CCTV cameras, etc. Same with drifting around the parking lot of a trucking company. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, I'm saying that it shouldn't happen and if anything, the rules should be more strict, not less strict. It's extremely unrealistic, this stuff doesn't happen in real life.

This is just gonna be a back and forth. The front part of ls port is public as originally there is no gates. Does not mean everyone should enter because without propper reason we still kick people out. BUT anyone can just enter the port. I am not sure if you understand but the port has 2 parts, a open road and a closed off terminal. To mee it seems you don't really understand this concept nor CCTV. Cameras rotate so they have blind spots all the time. Also operators get bored and thus don't look at cameras as much. This happens at a INTERNETIONAL airport I work at aswell. There is enough space for people to commit crimes and specially the areas that can be entered by anyone. This is my experience and view on things, we are not gonna agree to that.

But irl these rules and regulations/laws are enforced by security and safety personnel. This rule does not allow us to do this anymore. Making it more strict makes our faction even less interesting as we sont get much support to do other stuff that we want to do. People would then rather join PD FD or SD or any other supported faction rendering ours a simulation ground for testing new cars. That's. And sometime a trucker that decides he does not like to follow the road and just goes into traffic because it safes some time.

We both are on the otherside of the spectrum and we both have different problems but this for sure is not helping us. Thus we should meet in the middle and keep the terminal within this rule (where you load supplies) and the other area open for all rp.

And I agree that the drifting should not happen as much as it does.

We keep stats of most of the things that go on in the port.

14 hours ago, Mahitto said:

This very much depends on the area of ports you enter. Ports are very vast and large, and only areas where shipping/receiving actually occur are highly secured. This is why the main goal of this suggestion is to have the terminal itself (the spot where truckers get their goods scriptwise) to be actually protected. Whilst leaving private property, such as logistics companies and so on up to IC control, via law enforcement, the port authority and private security companies, as it should be.

I work with logistics companies IRL and I frequently visit the largest port in my country, to actually get around the port itself I'm pretty much free to roam. Only when I want to enter the ship yards I need to present identification, primarily some sort of visitor/employee badge or my TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Credential). There's plenty of unsecured or low security areas where petty or spontaneous crime can occur outside of these spots. This is why the general vicinity of the port should be left to dealing with these issues in-character, minus the shipping terminal. 

And as a side note, the terminal is the only area that is legally fully restricted, requiring a legitimate reason to be there, such as being a trucker, port employee, etc. This is something that was approved by FM and the State Senate. 

• Upvote 2