Remove Injured/Dead Text Above Downed Players

BINGBONGBALONEY

14 hours ago, orca112 said:

B) Peope will dead check even more because they don't know whether person X is dead or injured only due to the missing red text telling them.

Mag-dumping is fine, I don't think anybody has a problem with it, that's how it goes IRL and if a little excessive confirms someone's dead. This was mentioned at the very beginning of the thread - give it a quick read. 

I'm interested to see how post-shootout RP will pan out if players aren't encouraged to go out of their way to shoot people they might have assumed was dead if the large red text above the character's head didn't tell them otherwise.

Current shootout meta is to down everybody, circle the block a couple times and finish off stragglers you spot by their nametags which if a petty accusation, is MG. It's on the same level as spotting nametags over a wall and using that information to gain an advantage you wouldn't have otherwise, that's why the character-relative nametag script was added so if your character/camera couldn't see players, it wouldn't show their nametag - this suggestion isn't much different to that.

2 hours ago, DarkAndDreary said:

So? This way people can play dead.

21 minutes ago, Armaros said:

ya cuz every1s so immune to pain in los santos that people can just pretend dead and freeze still

They would have an indicator to say they're downed, this isn't really relevant to the suggestion. 

I'm not a huge fan of this idea. People already roleplaying surviving pretty much everything like a superhero, I don't think adding this would help the scenario any better. People who died scriptwise probably had injuries serious enough to make them die. Adding this would only cause scenes where people magically survive five headshots and bleeding for half an hour. Most people don't know how to roleplay their injuries, this would just put oil on the fire. 

26 minutes ago, liafriuli said:

I'm not a huge fan of this idea. People already roleplaying surviving pretty much everything like a superhero, I don't think adding this would help the scenario any better. People who died scriptwise probably had injuries serious enough to make them die. Adding this would only cause scenes where people magically survive five headshots and bleeding for half an hour. Most people don't know how to roleplay their injuries, this would just put oil on the fire. 

commenting again.
Simply do /damages [name] and your problem is fixed, now you know if someone can survive their injuries or not. I suppose that the "injured" and "dead" system is gonna stay there, just not visible.