Improving Trucking to solve trucker's crisis

EmilyGrace

Detailed Description: Businesses are trying to get their business prioritized by putting forward unreasonable amount of crates requested for their businesses. I cannot name the business because my forum name correspond to my IC name and it'll create OOC conflict but a business ordered 26,000~ crates with EXTRA PAY of $350. Now since all truckers are focusing on profit(cuz why not), they'll of course deliver it to those inflated crate requests.  Please add something that caps on number of crates a business can order. For example, a thousand or two thousand crates. I've seen businesses oftentimes ordering number of crates that goes above their bank balance, which further causes problems to the truckers as it gets cancelled midway because the business no longer has the fund to get the crates. So my suggestion towards fixing this would be as followed - 

• Add capacity on number of crates requested at a time. For example, a business can't have more than 1,000 crates request pending at a time. Or better, based on the interior size, add the capacity. This can be tedious as it varies from business to business but it would also make it more meaningful to not  hold 20k crates whilst having a small garage.

My two cents are that as a trucker, I prioritize extrapays and it is the only reason why I still do trucking after 750 madness-filled deliveries. And mechanic garage are always exploiting their high income and cheap crate requests. To avoid this, please nerf the amount of crates that can be "pending" at a time and/or limit the ability to order number of crates(per price) based on their business bank balance. 

Another suggestion of mine would be to  please fix the drop point for duck's sake. Sometimes it can be tedious to unload crates at businesses with drop point inside their store. It makes me annoyed and based on my observation, even with extrapays, those businesses are often ignored. Most affected one by this are clothing stores(for example the Posonbys) and some 24/7.  

Relevant Commands/Items: /startshipment

How will it benefit the server? It will hopefully solve the crisis where bunch of truckers are doing the same loop routes again and again whilst other small profit businesses(like clothing and 24-7s) are ignored because they can't afford extrapays. 

Problem is that garages need a shit ton of components because their parts use twice as many components now. Garages have a hard time staying open because even with the open trucking order, they still can't get enough components to stay open more than an hour or so. They aren't exploiting anything, they are desperate to get enough crates to stay open on a consistent basis. It's not their fault that there simply aren't enough truckers to keep their components stocked. Revert the change to mechanic shops first and you'll see those orders come down because they won't need restocks so desperately.

Edited by - Alfie -
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Garages don't have a high income. Personally, at $350 a crate I actually lose $55,000 every $1,000,000 sold/125,000 components used, which is used in 2 big openings. We bring up the crate price to $350 in order to survive or else we run out of components. 
I do agree that the trucking script needs a revamp, the suggestion section is full of these topics, some of which are good, some are bad, but everyone agrees that the trucking script definitely needs a major overhaul.

30 minutes ago, Junx said:

2. we should be able todo multidrop and it should be random within a certain area

Multidrop is possible. You just  have to count it yourself. After 2-3(depending on your wish and vehicle type) crates, you can get in your van again and do /startshipment and it'll show you number of places where you can deliver the content of your van/truck. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic