Textual feedback for unholstered weapons.

L33SA5

There has been a bug for a long time tied to the gun system which has the gun randomly equip in your hand if you have it equipped in your inventory when stepping out of a vehicle.

This bug has caused many issues with roleplays, including the one I've been in myself.

A textual feedback should be added (Similar to the way drug information is displayed) upon /examine, so that someone knows the person is holding a gun.

Example:

/examine Lisa Bianchi

-attributes-

-etc-

*Lisa Bianchi would be holding a Vintage pistol in their hand.*

This would finally conclude many issues involving weapon roleplays.

I think so many updates would be pretty heavy on the server and pretty much pointless to begin with. I don't know a single person whose first thought when seeing a gun would be to /examine.

Taking out a gun is considered in-character. If it was a bug or a missclick, just address it in /b if you see that people are responding to you taking out a gun - otherwise, just holster it back and go on with your day. It's a pretty well-known bug.

On 12/21/2021 at 12:02 AM, L33SA5 said:

There has been a bug for a long time tied to the gun system which has the gun randomly equip in your hand if you have it equipped in your inventory when stepping out of a vehicle.

This bug has caused many issues with roleplays, including the one I've been in myself.

A textual feedback should be added (Similar to the way drug information is displayed) upon /examine, so that someone knows the person is holding a gun.

Example:

/examine Lisa Bianchi

-attributes-

-etc-

*Lisa Bianchi would be holding a Vintage pistol in their hand.*

This would finally conclude many issues involving weapon roleplays.

Literally never seen this happen when a sidearm was equipped and holstered before getting in a vehicle. Press 5 right after you equip it in a car and it won't show up when you step out.

On 12/21/2021 at 12:02 AM, L33SA5 said:

Holy shit it happens to me every single time ^^'

Not sure this suggestion is a fix, but this bug is clearly a thing I've seen a lot and it's really annoying.

• 1 month later...

You know honestly, this wouldn't be a half bad idea - not just for the sake of fixing a bug/issue but also in conjunction with my suggestion here;

Can think of a few situations in which that detail in the /ex could be beneficial for roleplay purposes. 

• Upvote 1
On 12/21/2021 at 7:46 AM, L33SA5 said:

It is, but it comes to that that others won't accept OOC information and choose to wait for an admin to confirm that it was a bug. This would solve those situations without an admin, and it's nothing too big to implement.

"cut /b keep IC"

• Upvote 1