Bring back the nametags colors for PD/FD/SD

So.. actually not a big deal.. I just feel that the Blue nametags for LEO's and Pink nametags for FD was pretty comfortable and neat, I would like to see them back.

I never thought it's bring any kind of metagaming or such to be honest so why not have it?

What do you think, guys? :)

Edited by PandaGaming

It does incite metagaming and it's more of a feature that SA-MP servers had on the Godfathers RP scripts that were ripped over and over again.

I don't believe it's necessary for people to have coloured name tags. I think it's tacky and isn't very heavy roleplay which is what the server aims to be!

• Upvote 1

I always kinda liked the blue nametags, especially in crowded areas where you need to quickly identify your fellow officers. I don't really consider it metagaming seeing as it's normally officers in uniforms that has the colored name anyway. Undercover units, detectives and what not should still have the ability to choose of course.

36 minutes ago, -Andreas said:

I always kinda liked the blue nametags, especially in crowded areas where you need to quickly identify your fellow officers. I don't really consider it metagaming seeing as it's normally officers in uniforms that has the colored name anyway. Undercover units, detectives and what not should still have the ability to choose of course.

This is exactly what I tried to bring here!

In crowed areas it’s really hard to see if someone is a cop or paramedic and such on...

It’s nice feautre and I don’t know why it’s got removed..

Edited by PandaGaming

You shouldn't be needing to 'quickly' identify anyone through a nametag colour, you use their physical appearance as well as communication just like you would do in real life. I didn't mind having the coloured names however I don't think they're needed, therefore I do not support this suggestion.

7 minutes ago, Taunky said:

You shouldn't be needing to 'quickly' identify anyone through a nametag colour, you use their physical appearance as well as communication just like you would do in real life. I didn't mind having the coloured names however I don't think they're needed, therefore I do not support this suggestion.

Why not though? Being able to identify who's who in a video game can be tricky when the uniforms are a bit simplistic and not standing out from the crowd. My character might be able to quickly tell the difference, but me as a human actually playing the game means it just eases it a bit. It's just nice and simple.

Could you eleborate why you don't think its ever needed to quickly identify someone or why you're against it? Is it a matter of keeping it realistic? If so, we do have nametags floating above our character anyway and I can assure you people use those constantly to tell you who's who. They don't look at your face first, or your clothing for that matter.

3 minutes ago, -Andreas said:

Why not though? Being able to identify who's who in a video game can be tricky when the uniforms are a bit simplistic and not standing out from the crowd. My character might be able to quickly tell the difference, but me as a human actually playing the game means it just eases it a bit. It's just nice and simple.

Could you eleborate why you don't think its ever needed to quickly identify someone or why you're against it? Is it a matter of keeping it realistic? If so, we do have nametags floating above our character anyway and I can assure you people use those constantly to tell you who's who. They don't look at your face first, or your clothing for that matter.

I never said quickly identifying someone isn't needed, I said it shouldn't need to be done through the use of a colour floating above your head. Plus, this is also a heavy roleplay server so it's most definitely to keep things somewhat realistic. Yes, you're right about having nametags however those are most definitely a necessity because not only do a good chunk of the players look alike, it would be a pain in the ass to have to memorize everyone's name and compare it with their physical appearance through a video game. However, civilians and gang members don't use nametag colours therefore they're required to look around the crowd a little bit instead of playing Where's Waldo with a colour. What I'm getting at is everyone has their own set of outfits to use when living their everyday life and I don't think we should distinguish certain factions just because of what they're wearing. Utilitizing the nametag to help identify your colleagues is more than enough, in my opinion.