Make the Benefactor XLS perform better.

pateuvasiliu

2 hours ago, Triple Seven said:

Shame to see this suggestion focus on a single car. Performance shouldn't be altered in my opinion, but prices should be made more realistic across the board. Taking the XLS as an example. The Rebla GTS is basically a BMW X5M, an expensive performance version of the SUV, where the XLS is a more regular version of the Mercedes GL. Their performance difference makes sense, if you want to compare them. This is probably not reflected in the prices between the two, which in my opinion is the actual issue here. XLS should be cheaper both in purchase price and insurance fee. There's numerous of these examples and it has never been addressed.

XLS costs 140K and drives like a 50K SUV. The Scout is better in every way.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
4 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

XLS costs 140K and drives like a 50K SUV. The Scout is better in every way.

I understand that. Did you read what I wrote? I agree with you, but I don't agree on changing the performance. Instead, the price should be adjusted. A premium brand like Benefactor doesn't have to be cheaper than a better performing Vapid SUV (the Scout), that's perfectly reasonable if you're aiming for realism. The price difference is too large now however, certainly when you see how close it gets to a performance SUV from another premium brand (Ubermacht Rebla GTS) it cannot compete with in terms of performance.

As an example, lifted from the United States' sites of both. A faster Ford SUV (ST model of the Explorer):

AHEurtU.png

Spoiler

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a28789910/2020-ford-explorer-st-by-the-numbers/

"The 2020 Ford Explorer ST pictured here can get to 60 mph in a scant 5.2 seconds [...]"

And the base price for the comparably sized Mercedes SUV is higher

QpCD0dZ.png

Spoiler

https://www.caranddriver.com/mercedes-benz/gle-class-2020

"The 2020 GLE350 required 6.6 seconds to reach 60 mph at our test track"

I agree with the premise that the Benefactor is too expensive, not that it's not powerful enough.

Like I said before: The vehicle market needs rebalancing to make it a realistic and fun experience to roleplay within. It is far from the standard this server propagates, so I hope it's seriously looked into sometime soon. (and that includes taboos of adjusting existing vehicle purchase values, which will be beneficial to some, and make some people lose some asset value, who cares, it's just all pixels).

Been driving a XLS for pretty long time now and to be honest, the speed is fine, you dontn eed a rocket, and speed doesnt determine your roleplay aapabilities, the GLS is not a sports SUV and shouldnt be treated as such, the Rebla is based off the M-model BMW and the XLS is just a basic GLS, it's not an AMG or anything like that, it doesnt really need a speed increase at all. It's in the charisma of the car, Mercedeses arent made for speed but for luxury and travel, please dont ruin the stock handling by modifying it to something horrible.

Edited by zaXer.
21 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

Been driving a XLS for pretty long time now and to be honest, the speed is fine, you dontn eed a rocket, and speed doesnt determine your roleplay aapabilities, the GLS is not a sports SUV and shouldnt be treated as such, the Rebla is based off the M-model BMW and the XLS is just a basic GLS, it's not an AMG or anything like that, it doesnt really need a speed increase at all. It's in the charisma of the car, Mercedeses arent made for speed but for luxury and travel, please dont ruin the stock handling by modifying it to something horrible.

A GLE has a top speed of 130 mph in real life. The one ingame goes maybe 100 and that's with aftermarket upgrades. It's ridiculously bad. There's a lot of cars under this price range that absolutely smoke it ingame. An x5 goes 140 mph so it makes no sense for the XLS to be so far behind the Rebla.

please dont ruin the stock handling by modifying it to something horrible.

The stock handling IS horrible. Try doing a U-turn with it.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
2 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

A GLE has a top speed of 130 mph in real life. The one ingame goes maybe 100 and that's with aftermarket upgrades. It's ridiculously bad. There's a lot of cars under this price range that absolutely smoke it ingame. An x5 goes 140 mph so it makes no sense for the XLS to be so far behind the Rebla.

The stock handling IS horrible. Try doing a U-turn with it.

A GLE doesnt have 1 engine variant, and I'm sure the M X5 is much faster than any non-AMG GLE, which the XLS is. The XLS Is not the performance variant of the GLE, it's a standard GLE, maybe a 3.0/3.5 variant one, it's not a fast SUV by any means.

• 2 months later...
On 12/13/2021 at 4:17 PM, zaXer. said:

A GLE doesnt have 1 engine variant, and I'm sure the M X5 is much faster than any non-AMG GLE, which the XLS is. The XLS Is not the performance variant of the GLE, it's a standard GLE, maybe a 3.0/3.5 variant one, it's not a fast SUV by any means.

Capping at 100 mph the XLS is one of the slowest SUVs in this game. Even a 50k car can get to 120 mph. It's a joke.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
  • 10 months later...