Rage just makes my pc's temperature fly up now?

hamin

On 10/18/2021 at 10:45 PM, HaminLord said:

As per the title, ever since last month, whenever I boot up rage, my pc's temperatures just fly up and reach around 85 celsius even when I'm just idling around. The second I tab out/close the game, it drops to 60-50. This doesn't seem to happen with any other game or if I boot up normal gta.

Before people tell me its mods/graphic packs, i alreay tried with different ones and without any, nothing seemed to work. Its gotten to the point I have to tab out every few seconds to make sure my pc doesn't go beyond 86

Pls help before my pc fucking dies

What kind of card do you have (couldn’t find it in the thread)

On 11/6/2021 at 10:32 PM, HaminLord said:

(I have an rtx 2080 ti with two fans on each sides of the actual card so as far as im aware this isn't because of the card itself as it works normally on every other game and doesn't tank up in temps)

4 hours ago, eTaylor said:

What kind of card do you have (couldn’t find it in the thread)

2 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

@HaminLord I wouldn’t worry too much. According to your technical specifications your maximum optimal operating temperature is 88C and it can get significantly hotter before you run into any issues 

I also read all of those, the thing is, I just consistenly get around 85 if not higher temps, and sure, here and there its probably nothing, but I'd like to think having those temps for a lot of time still makes things go south at a certain point, no?

I'm really dumb with pc stuff btw so

7 minutes ago, HaminLord said:

I also read all of those, the thing is, I just consistenly get around 85 if not higher temps, and sure, here and there its probably nothing, but I'd like to think having those temps for a lot of time still makes things go south at a certain point, no?

I'm really dumb with pc stuff btw so

I wouldn’t worry about it, the GPU will shut itself down long before burning up. Don’t let temperature software or graphs spook you, your card is just doing it’s job 

• Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

I wouldn’t worry about it, the GPU will shut itself down long before burning up. Don’t let temperature software or graphs spook you, your card is just doing it’s job 

Yes, but getting bluescreens because the GPU is overheating isn't good for his play experience either.

5 hours ago, eTaylor said:

Is he getting blue screens? 

If his GPU is at 86c he's not far.

Rtx 2000 gpus start throttling at 83c, he's above that meaning it's overheating hard even while throttling. I have the same issues with my shitty 2060S from Gigabyte. If left to run unchecked at 100% without undervolting it eventually shuts down.

So a solution is needed. In my casenit was undervolting.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
3 hours ago, pateuvasiliu said:

If his GPU is at 86c he's not far.

Rtx 2000 gpus start throttling at 83c, he's above that meaning it's overheating hard even while throttling. I have the same issues with my shitty 2060S from Gigabyte. If left to run unchecked at 100% without undervolting it eventually shuts down.

So a solution is needed. In my casenit was undervolting.

You have a different card, so whatever your issues are they’re hardly applicable. According to the manufacturer his temperature readings are normal, and unless he is experiencing operational issues there’s no reason to do anything 

• Wuhtah locked this topic