Add government-owned housing (+ motel changes?)

Aquila

2 minutes ago, Anders said:

I agree there should be housing yes but disagree that just anyone could get it. It should be directed towards newcomers, say 50 hours below, which is more than enough for said player to get used to the server and find a job to get money.

There shouldn't be constraints for people to have access to these interiors because not everyone's goal/intention in regards to roleplay is the same. Some people may genuinely want to RP being poor and there's no problem with that. 

1 minute ago, Roulette said:

There shouldn't be constraints for people to have access to these interiors because not everyone's goal/intention in regards to roleplay is the same. Some people may genuinely want to RP being poor and there's no problem with that. 

I mean sure but that is where Hope Health comes in, no? They have homeless shelters. 

4 hours ago, Roulette said:

With the current playerbase I don't know why this hasn't been done sooner. There are so many unused buildings/complexes in the server that are just sitting there that could be used for this purpose. Once these government owned houses/apartments are rented by a player a certain % of their income should be deducted upon payday. God knows how many people just stack paychecks just to buy expensive cars while their characters remain homeless because the opportunity cost of doing so is not being to roleplay how they want to or being homeless. 

It's quite annoying, because my character had 3 properties and they were lost due to my ban. People have pointed out that my character is non-RP because I have "4 vehicles and no house", when 2 of the vehicles were bought in 2018, 1 is a BMX, and the other was bought to make some cash. There aren't many options for people like me who had properties, but can't get a property now without spending twice the amount that only one of my previous properties were worth.

4 hours ago, Anders said:

I agree there should be housing yes but disagree that just anyone could get it. It should be directed towards newcomers, say 50 hours below, which is more than enough for said player to get used to the server and find a job to get money.

I also want this suggestion to be implemented for players who have occasional alts, purely so they don't get criticised for being homeless when the currently housing crisis is an OOC issue more than an IC one.

I see no reason in spending $400,000 on an apartment on an alt when I'm only going to go on it a few hours per week, especially since I don't see the appeal of roleplaying indoors all the time, or using house features.

4 hours ago, Anders said:

Sure but you're expecting realism from a server where everyone will murder you just for saying hello. 

This quote is pure gold.

On 8/8/2021 at 12:13 PM, deathlife23 said:

I agree. The RP quality has drastically decreased over time. This is not the GTA World from a few months ago. Now it's just full of non-RPers, Elegy drivers and whatever the hell there is.

While I agree with your stance on the car-obsessed "roleplayers", that's a subject for a whole different thread, unfortunately.

On 8/8/2021 at 4:48 PM, ASKP said:

I agree, maybe as a addition sell owned properties to the state if the player is inactive for a minimum of 14 days. 

Are you talking about these government-owned houses, or player-owned houses in general? These should really only be rentable, but not like motel rooms. They're just really basic housing in apartments with a good amount of floors and rooms, that can only be rented and not purchased. It's just for roleplay purposes of having a residence without powergaming homelessness on people.

Government's ''Affordable Housing Program'' is coming SoonTM, we're working on it. We'll be leasing out properties for very low prices for characters that actually need it. You'll have to go through an application process that includes a background check and all, and if your character is suitable - the government will rent you an apartment. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic