Breaking into vehicles with open windows.

PeopleKind

Short description: Simple. Allow people to unlock vehicles that have the windows open.

Detailed description: Stop people from hiding behind the lock script without consequence, allow the usage of /vbreakin or /lock in regards to vehicles with open windows, without the need of a lockpick. What magical forces are preventing me from simply reaching into the open window and opening the door? I know you can /report and an admin will unlock it for you, but sometimes it takes a long time for them to respond, even though it takes like 2 seconds to do it.  

Commands to add: Edit the script to allow the usage of /lock on vehicles with open windows.

Items to add:  N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? Quality of life & stops people from abusing the OOC script to avoid IC consequences of leaving their vehicle windows wide open.

Additional information: N/A

Edited by PeopleKind

I think it's a good suggestion, but if it were to be implemented I could see people cherry-picking vehicles with Open Windows and taking a lazy route in attempts to get loot, and not other cars that are perfectly fine for breaking into. 

Edited by Geo.
1 minute ago, Geo. said:

I think it's a good suggestion, but if it were to be implemented I could see people cherry-picking vehicles with Open Windows and taking a lazy route in attempts to get loot, and not other cars that are perfectly fine for breaking into. 

That's how a lot of criminals do it IRL when in regards to looting vehicles, easier to just go for the open windows than spend time picking locks and such. Plus will make people remember to shut their windows.

6 minutes ago, QuadTurboW16 said:

Duplicate suggestion, but still supporting only if it triggers the alarm 100% of the time. Try to open your car door from the inside when the car's locked, even a 1960's car will activate its alarm.

Yeah, I didnt search the right terms my bad, yeah I fully support that. I don't think the alarm would go off if the engine is on, though.

Edited by PeopleKind
9 minutes ago, QuadTurboW16 said:

Duplicate suggestion, but still supporting only if it triggers the alarm 100% of the time. Try to open your car door from the inside when the car's locked, even a 1960's car will activate its alarm.

^

• Wuhtah locked this topic