Change how harvesting weed works

On 6/26/2021 at 1:20 PM, Bingoliath said:

We had this before. The market was in ruins as people harvested seeds, making the price of weed plummet to sub $100. Also, one of the roles of the supplier is gone when you can get infinite drugs.

This community has proven to not be trusted in many ways, including the drug market which they effectively screwed up through a man-made problem - massive amounts of weed dropping the prices harder than the soviet economy which led to a good chunk of the community complaining for weeks and lack of interest for drugs outside of script benefits in general as there is a 9/10 chance to get scammed robbed, kidnapped or killed trying to buy drugs.

Edited by orca112
On 7/2/2021 at 3:40 AM, orca112 said:

This community has proven to not be trusted in many ways, including the drug market which they effectively screwed up through a man-made problem - massive amounts of weed dropping the prices harder than the soviet economy which led to a good chunk of the community complaining for weeks

Well the idea of having the chance to lose the weed rather than the seed would hopefully prevent major issues. You'd still have the seed, but you'd have to replant it and wait another week to try again. I personally think it's a lot fairer this way.

On 7/2/2021 at 3:40 AM, orca112 said:

9/10 change to get scammed robbed, kidnapped or killed trying to buy drugs.

I think this is just a you problem, unfortunately, but I appreciate your opinion.

On 6/26/2021 at 6:20 AM, Bingoliath said:

We had this before. The market was in ruins as people harvested seeds, making the price of weed plummet to sub $100. Also, one of the roles of the supplier is gone when you can get infinite drugs.

Big no from me.

So I was the one who suggested and got this to happen the last time. Was it a disaster? Yeah, but that wasn't inherent from the start. The piece tying it all together was admin supervision to curb factions from just mass duping weed seeds and tanking the price. What happened when it rolled out? Zero admin supervision and within two weeks the market tanked. One faction got the bright idea they could make a ton of money just selling seeds and by the end of that updates run on the server basically everyone had a weed farm.

Getting seeds and cultivating your own plants isn't difficult IRL. Anyone can do it with the right space and materials, my intentions when making this suggestion originally was to make it easier for small factions and groups to grow their own small number of plants. Increasing the availability of weed while still leaving room for major suppliers to grow and supply in bulk. 

Suppliers have a place on this server but locking weed seeds entirely behind them is stupid and counter productive. It's the RP equivalent of going to a dude and buying magic beans. From start to finish the RP is clunky and unfulfilling, leaving so much to be desired. If something like this was added back to the server with proper admin supervision (Like I pointed out it needed the first time) I think we see very different and positive results.