Loan system between players

Angela

Short description: A loan system allowing players to create an IC contract where money is transferred automatically each day, also allowing guarranties.

Detailed description:

The idea is simple, add a /loancreate (Player) (Amount) (Interest) (days) (GuarrantyID) command. For example, Bob lends Sarah 100K with a 10% interest rate to be paid in 10 days. Sarah puts her Kawaii car as a guarantee.  Each day, 11K will be removed from Sarah's bank account to be transferred to Bob's, no matter if they are online or not. Let's say that after five payments, Sarah is unable to pay because she doesn't have enough money in her bank account. Those missing payments will add more interest, meaning she'll have to pay more. By day ten, since she hasn't paid half of the daily fees, total due reaches 115K, meaning she still has to pay 60K. Bob could /loanextend Sarah, giving her more time to pay for the loan, but that would add more interests. If Sarah fails to pay after the agreed term, her kawaii would automatically be owned by Bob. If Sara was CK, namechanged or banned, the total due would be automatically be paid from her account, or the kawaii given to Bob if she didn't have enough money. Players would be able to view their loan history at UCP and share it to others in order to prove they can be trusted.

Commands to add: 

/guarranties: Gives the player a list of their assets that can be used as guarranty, with their given ID.

/loancreate (Player) (Amount) (Interest) (days) (GuarrantyID)

/loanextend (Player) (interest) (days)

/loanaccept

Items to add: none

How would your suggestion improve the server? It'd create a whole new type of roleplay, helping both illegal and legal roleplayers. This would let player ran banks to exist, letting people lend you money and lend to others at a higher interest, letting the script to do the transfers automatically.

Additional information:

- Guarranties would be optional. in case there isn't a guarranty and the loan wasn't paid after agreed time, it would give a CK permission to the lender.

- You would need to apply for a banking license to be able to do /loancreate

Edited by Angela
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

Complicated, micromanagement. Loan someone money, RP a contract, take a screenshot. If they don't pay? Sue them in civil court, simple as that.

It's just the oposit as micromanagement. After lending, the money would flow automatically to your account without having to do anything. In real life all banks have their loans fees with automatic payments.

1 minute ago, Angela said:

It's just the oposit as micromanagement. After lending, the money would flow automatically to your account without having to do anything. In real life all banks have their loans fees with automatic payments.

And it doesn't leave any chance for me to scam you if I loan money from you. That's the whole point. 

8 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

And it doesn't leave any chance for me to scam you if I loan money from you. That's the whole point. 

/withdraw the cash like if you'd do in real life, having 0$ in your bank account to not pay it? Then you'd need to keep the cash in your house or with you, allowing the lender to get it back by force in case scammed. Besides, the lender might make you put your house or car as a guarranty in the first place, making even more money if you 'scam' them. The bank always wins.

Edited by Angela
2 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

It does, you can still simply con people into giving your their money, just not by gaming a rule set a certain way, you have to convince me to borrow you cash for instance

11 minutes ago, Angela said:

So this is basically a suggestion to remove RP from the server.

Instead of having to go through all the hassles that can come with giving someone a loan I can just let the server automatically do all the work for me.

1 minute ago, Henning said:

So this is basically a suggestion to remove RP from the server.

Instead of having to go through all the hassles that can come with giving someone a loan I can just let the server automatically do all the work for me.

There would be a hassle if players take the money away from the bank or simply don't have any money to pay back. In real life banks take their fees automatically from your account, it shouldn't be different here. Banking roleplay and loan giving roleplay is currently non existent in the server.

4 minutes ago, Angela said:

There would be a hassle if players take the money away from the bank or simply don't have any money to pay back. In real life banks take their fees automatically from your account, it shouldn't be different here. Banking roleplay and loan giving roleplay is currently non existent in the server.

No, loan giving roleplay definitely exists in both the legal and illegal forms and there are past civil cases on the server to prove it. The issue on the legal side being that it's incredibly tedious (Almost like real world banking) but it is something that if you want to do is entirely possible if you are willing to put in the work.

What your suggesting completely removes any of the work for legal loan businesses, creating a system where they can farm out their money and have the server automatically leach it back to them with little to no effort. 

43 minutes ago, Angela said:

/withdraw the cash like if you'd do in real life, having 0$ in your bank account to not pay it? Then you'd need to keep the cash in your house or with you, allowing the lender to get it back by force in case scammed. Besides, the lender might make you put your house or car as a guarranty in the first place, making even more money if you 'scam' them. The bank always wins.

Why would I want to withdraw all of my money, just to avoid to pay you? It doesn't make any sense, same as this suggestion. You got scammed? Sue them. Simple as that.

• Wuhtah locked this topic