Interior balconies please?

13 minutes ago, FORMCORE CONSTRUCTION LLC said:

That exterior balcony would be completely cut off from any experience anyways if my interior just has more immersion towards any kind of roleplay. It don't have to be anything major, just the idea that there is an open balcony door with some pretty furniture setup seen through it, makes just 'being' in your home more immersive. 

There are no rules against mapping an inacccessible balcony. The problem lies where players map their balcony, but use it while INSIDE the interior. 

13 minutes ago, Jägerbomb said:

Nothing stops you from mapping a balcony just for the looks, I'm against mapping it in a way you can access it from the interior.

7 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Fully agree, my house has a balcony with Smart TP but inside you see the outside with seating and such

I would even take this if I won't get the whole deal. But the rule kind of states that you can't map the exterior at all. And it is understandable, why. It would be easy to abuse this because admins don't have the time to just go around and see what everybody is doing in their interiors. But my argument stays :

• There are two people, wanting to talk. They can either choose to go into the smart TP balcony and sit on their invisible chairs that they just RP are there, or they can have that talk inside on the nice sofa. 

4 minutes ago, Marksman said:

There are no rules against mapping an inacccessible balcony. The problem lies where players map their balcony, but use it while INSIDE the interior.

"You may not map exteriors within your property (e.g. mapping balconies or outdoor seating inside your property)" This seems to be pretty clear on not mapping ANYTHING into your exterior, or I don't know, maybe the need better wording for it.

I personally see no issue with the current rule and I think that keeping them in the real world helps 1. Keep the size realistic, and 2. Keep everyone from having a balcony when there are often limited numbers of them on a building, it makes it clear which are taken and where your apartment is supposed to be mapped. The only real change I would propose is allowing people to utilize exterior furnishing outside of a smarttp if possible which I don't believe is currently a thing so that you'd be able to put whatever you'd like on your balcony.

Edited by Odin
11 hours ago, Odin said:

The only real change I would propose is allowing people to utilize exterior furnishing outside of a smarttp if possible which I don't believe is currently a thing so that you'd be able to put whatever you'd like on your balcony.

The best suggestions are usually in the comments.

Yeah thats already a thing, just for donators afaik. When I hired an interior mapper even they said that only the owner, if they have a donator status, can map exteriors. So unless something has changed that option exsists only for property owners with a donator status.

Getting a mapper wont help.

24 minutes ago, Memozzy said:

Yeah thats already a thing, just for donators afaik. When I hired an interior mapper even they said that only the owner, if they have a donator status, can map exteriors. So unless something has changed that option exsists only for property owners with a donator status.

Getting a mapper wont help.

Exterior mapping also has to be realistic upto a point. You can't make a whole balcony outside with exterior mapping.

For the suggestion itself, I'm going to say no. Balconies should be in DIM0 only, if at all. You can have a preview of a balcony from outside, but if you want to be in the actual balcony, it has to be in DIM0. Odin has voiced concerns on why already.

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2021 at 8:43 PM, Odin said:

I personally see no issue with the current rule and I think that keeping them in the real world helps 1. Keep the size realistic, and 2. Keep everyone from having a balcony when there are often limited numbers of them on a building, it makes it clear which are taken and where your apartment is supposed to be mapped. The only real change I would propose is allowing people to utilize exterior furnishing outside of a smarttp if possible which I don't believe is currently a thing so that you'd be able to put whatever you'd like on your balcony.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2021 at 8:05 AM, mj2002 said:

The best suggestions are usually in the comments.

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2021 at 1:54 PM, effion said:

Exterior mapping also has to be realistic upto a point. You can't make a whole balcony outside with exterior mapping.

For the suggestion itself, I'm going to say no. Balconies should be in DIM0 only, if at all. You can have a preview of a balcony from outside, but if you want to be in the actual balcony, it has to be in DIM0. Odin has voiced concerns on why already.

I think I got my answer. Seems like a total NO. It was worth a try.

L&A

Spoiler

2dsqvRS.png

• mj2002 locked this topic