Weapon Drawing Animations

Short description: Adds an automated animation when drawing a weapon.

Detailed description: When equipping a weapon through the “I” menu, an animation automatically plays, which could differ from weapon to weapon. For example, when drawing a pistol, there could be a timed animation where the player draws it from a waistband. Also, there could be different presets for this, with police offers being able to draw from their holster.

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? It often breaks immersion and causes problems when a player has a weapon hotkeyed and ready. During a situation, it is often annoying to see firearms simply appearing in someone’s hand. By adding a timed animation, this could allow people to either run, take cover, or more.

Additional information:  Seeing as there are already animations built in the game, hopefully this wouldn’t be hard to implement.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, aldo said:

i made a suggestion for this but now i disagree, on voicerp it was annoying as fuck and clunky as well so it would be even worse on textrp

I feel like with the great staff team we currently have, it could be different. Then again, I wasn’t looking into clunkiness, so I’m not sure. Still, I think it would be worth a try.

2 minutes ago, kjtoth06 said:

I feel like with the great staff team we currently have, it could be different. Then again, I wasn’t looking into clunkiness, so I’m not sure. Still, I think it would be worth a try.

it was like shits pops off so you pull a gun and everyone else does, then its like everyone running with moving legs but frozen torso with the hand taking the gun out and then the shooting starts

1 minute ago, aldo said:

it was like shits pops off so you pull a gun and everyone else does, then its like everyone running with moving legs but frozen torso with the hand taking the gun out and then the shooting starts

Still, I feel that even then, that’s more realistic then a pistol popping into your hand. Plus, running for cover as you’re scrambling to draw your weapon is most likely what would happen.

1 hour ago, kjtoth06 said:

Still, I feel that even then, that’s more realistic then a pistol popping into your hand. Plus, running for cover as you’re scrambling to draw your weapon is most likely what would happen.

not really, you'd just pull it out and shoot