Providing options to property owners in the UCP to give permission to other tenants to hand out keys themselves.

Robby

Short description: 

Providing options to property owners in the UCP to give permission to other tenants to hand out keys themselves.

Detailed description: 
In the UCP already exists the option that you have a list of businesses, and when you received permission from the business owner, you can change certain aspects over the UCP.

Another button under the Home screen could be added, which could be named properties, which basically imports the properties under a character ID into this list.

The properties would show the same information as the property shows under your character, but it would also give you the opportunity to enable an option, which allows the tenant to hand out keys themselves (tenants list with a button attached to it for example).

Commands to add: 
Perhaps for in-game commands, it could be something like: /givepropertypermission or something similar, which enables the tenant to use /givepropertykey

Items to add: 
None

How would your suggestion improve the server:
1. It would enable property owners of businesses, shops, workshops, garages, nightclubs, bars, and other places which for myself is the Pacific Bluffs Beach Resort, the ability to give permission to the managers of these businesses to actually hand out keys themselves.

From a realism point of view the manager, or even other owners of a business would have the access and ability to legally duplicate keys and to hand them out to other individuals.

2. It would enable individuals who share a property among each other, such as shared apartments or even families to realistically hand out keys to other individuals, without the owner being physically present.

For shared apartments, this would be a useful feature in case you would get a new roommate, and the owner isn't physically able to get on the server for whatever reason, so he can simply enable it on the UCP. Or, if the owner permits other tenants to hand out keys themselves in general, this could have been done in advance.

TLDL: Adding this option into the UCP, would take a lot of stress from property owners to hand out keys to individuals who might need them without the owner having to be physically represented, as other people would have authority and ability to hand out keys themselves.

Additional information:
Currently, for the Pacific Bluffs Beach Resort we have four properties, the owner of the property is not always online, and we have multiple owners and managers who all have access to the keys. Technically also the receptionists would have access to them also, and it would make everything so much easier. They could all realistically hand them out.

Sadly, at the moment we have to ask the owner to come online every time and it is a just huge pain in the ass for everyone involved, whether it is the owner, the managers or the individuals who paid to receive access to the resort. It could all be simplified.

With this suggestion, we would take the stress off many individuals all over the server who face similar problems.

• Upvote 1

I like the idea of this suggestion, but I have some other thoughts in mind, in my opinion it's better to divide the tenants permission to 2 extents; the first one is the tenant that has the rights to do all the commands like the owner but can't sell the property (requires owner permission), and the other one just works like the current tenants system.

Edit: for businesses, maybe the permission to have first tenants permission as I stated above shall be automatically granted to the supervisor and manager (with exception).

Edited by fortyfive
  • 2 weeks later...