Have chopped cars spawn in random locations around the map.

Alexion

Short description: Currently cars after respawn the next day spawn outside the location where they were chopped. This suggestion would have them respawned at different locations. 

Detailed description:  The script respawns a car when chopped outside the garage it was chopped in. For those who have non-commercial garages with the sole purpose of chopping cars, this can lead to metagame and an awkward dilemma. My suggestion would be to have the car respawn in a different area, away from where it was chopped.  Perhaps have it spawn at the LSPD compound where you would have to collect your car and it's roleplayed as the LSPD finding your car with missing vehicle pieces to add continuity. 

For those who do have commercial garages and still chop cars, it's even more awkward as owners could begin looking into their mechanics to see whether they are chopping cars against the rules of the garage. This suggestion would avoid future metagame. 

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? It would actively avoid people from metagaming. 

Additional information: N/A

Edited by Alexion
  • Upvote 2
Just now, BadassBaboon said:

Actually, in some parts of the world, there are scrap yards where you'd see stolen, broken or impounded cars that nobody came for, something like that could be interesting too.

I am all for this suggestion the moment they will enforce chopping cars to be monitored by an admin like a house/business break in. Why? Because I've seen people just come to a car, with 0 roleplay tow the car and chop it, and since the new update you need to stand next to the tow truck you won't see the culprits name to report them.

Moreover, IRL if a car has an Alarm installed any movement like trying to tow it will trigger it, here even if you try to lock pick the lock it activates only on a fail, not on first touch where I as a kid used to run around smacking cars with a fist and triggering the car alarm. So yes, a change has to be made, chopping or stealing a car is high risk high reward, but with how things are right now, it's no risk almost (unless caught red handed mid hotwire) with high reward. More over chopping a car when you are alone will definitely can take more than an hour, a crew of 4 or more can handle it, but a single person, nope, will take more time.

Also, I'd prefer if the car would spawn at an Insurance Company Lot if it was insured, if not, random spawn at the junk yard.

• mj2002 locked this topic