Revamping the nametags

Nervous

Let me add on to this.. imagine being in a club or Kebab shop with 20 people and they're all swarming the bar and "ID 224 IS SCREAMING FOR HIS DRINK" /ME LOOKS AT ID224... 

/me makes the drink for ID224

And you're going to have to cross reference names to numbers, this isn't fun. I don't want to be an accountant when I try to RP. It's messy and disgusting.

It's hard enough trying to read the text and match names to the locations of players and to see a sea of ID's instead of disgusting. For new players it'll be even harder.

Sure HABEEB knows half the server so it won't affect me as much as other people but I still hate it.

If this becomes a thing, i'll be leaving the server I don't think I could deal with it.

If it's not broken don't fix it.

• Upvote 6

My main concern is that in real life, you get a few ways that you can recognize someone outside of their hairstyle and clothing such as body weight and facial features. However, in the game it is quite difficult to do that. Otherwise, seems like a fine update.

1 minute ago, Nervous said:

It's indeed a suggestion breaking issue, I don't see a good solution to /me looks at X etc. If anyone has one it could help, otherwise I don't see us implementing it indeed.

Maybe put their id? Same issue with 4 Masked players rping with each other if they don't know their names already.

It has already given a lot of arguments why I would not support it, ranging from the /me to speaking in a group and you only see numbers as names.

Additionally, in jail we know who is there and what his name is, would be a pain to work with it there unless you put their names visible upon arrest.

Originally I was for this idea, but after thinking about it I’m against it. 

We have rules against metagaming in place, with proper punishments dealt by the admins. This system only “punishes” good roleplayers who don’t metagame anyways. It’s an extra step for us, as players, that we have to go through just to recognize who we’re friends with. Not to mention, all the faces look the same so that’s an added struggle too. IRL I can tell the difference between friends, but IG? Your guess is as good as mine. 

Also think of other issues that may arise. Imagine the chat in a crowded nightclub with a thousand of “Person says: Hi” or whatever. Even if you make that an ID number it would be hideous to look at. I also think there would be added work for admins. If nobody can see my name and I run up on someone and just start beating them and then run away...well the victim files a report but can’t list who did it, so the admin has to go through and look and find out himself. It’s not a huge issue, but it’s one extra unnecessary step in the process.