Restraints

Short description: Working zip ties in game that show the classic handcuff animation.

Detailed description: Zip ties that I have seen in game do not actually serve any actual in game function and are under 'consumables' after purchased from the general store. This suggestion is asking to have a proper functional restraint system for civilians just like the law enforcement have. When you apply the zip ties to a player it will show the handcuffed animation on the victim. Restrains them from using any weapons, electronics. Maybe when you use the command on the player they have to /accepttie so it's not abused?

Commands to add: /tie /restrain /atie /accepttie

Items to add: Ties have already been added in game.

How would your suggestion improve the server? I think it's something maybe the server hasn't gotten around to just yet and this is just bringing it to light. I think it could help a lot of situations my forcefully applying restraints on a player when it's needed. Eliminates the possibility for PG/MG by actually not being able to do certain actions. It's something I feel should be re-visited and just adds to the immersion of the server.

Additional information:

I can see a lot of people being against this because they don’t trust players to use them properly but I don’t see that as being much of a problem. If someone is using them to troll or not in accordance with the rules then people can just report them. /accept tie would also just fix the problem entirely.

Edited by my_g
29 minutes ago, my_g said:

I can see a lot of people being against this because they don’t trust players to use them properly but I don’t see that as being much of a problem. If someone is using them to troll or not in accordance with the rules then people can just report them. /accept tie would also just fix the problem entirely.

Yeah, that was why I thought /accept tie would counter act that totally.

Report those that troll using the zip-ties. 

It's not any different from people that troll with baseball bats, hammers, and wrenches.

I only support this suggestion as long as the player is capable of RPing breaking through the zipties. Allow players to have a 1/3 or 1/4 chance of breaking the zip ties every five minutes with proper roleplay... identical to the "/vbreakin" system.

EDIT: If the zipties are used, it should take at least 10 second to 15 seconds for them to be applied to the victim, as it'd expect people to use the device properly in environments that are not overly inhabited by police or witnesses. 

Edited by DLimit
  • mj2002 locked this topic