Government and Tax.

Short description: As it is now almost all roleplay jobs is the easiest way of making big amounts of money, but there's no way to restrict it.

Detailed description: As seen with the mechanic job, it's a money making factory for players, and I don't doubt it's the same with the other jobs, such as 24/7, fuel garage, etc. The problem is though that people make way too much money, and there's no way currently to stop it. I've thought up this idea based on this. 

Add tax. Right now the only tax you pay on the server is insurance on your vehicle, and the $4-9 on your hourly paycheck. 

The legal factions such as FD, SD, PD, I know pays tax based on their end weekly salary. So if they made thirty grand that week, they pay around 4-5grand tax. The same has to be done with mechanics. Force the money they make on shift into a "paycheck" that is collected at the end of the week, but deduct a reasonable amount of tax from it.  As it is now expenses are just for the business. Not the people. In real life, huge amounts of tax gets paid to the government based on income. It needs to be enforced here. 

Even though, tax evasion do exist, this can work for people that own their own businesses. But for people that work, most business IRL deduct tax from their paycheck, and pays it to the government. Not the employee. 

Commands to add: None.

Items to add: Paycheck system for garages, 24/7 Stores, fuel garages, etc.

How would your suggestion improve the server? It will stop players from driving three hundred grand cars just because they have the money for it. There would be the actual need to work what you spend your money on. 

Additional information: N/A

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, TheUnknown54 said:

Short description: As it is now almost all roleplay jobs is the easiest way of making big amounts of money, but there's no way to restrict it.

Detailed description: As seen with the mechanic job, it's a money making factory for players, and I don't doubt it's the same with the other jobs, such as 24/7, fuel garage, etc. The problem is though that people make way too much money, and there's no way currently to stop it. I've thought up this idea based on this. 

Add tax. Right now the only tax you pay on the server is insurance on your vehicle, and the $4-9 on your hourly paycheck. 

The legal factions such as FD, SD, PD, I know pays tax based on their end weekly salary. So if they made thirty grand that week, they pay around 4-5grand tax. The same has to be done with mechanics. Force the money they make on shift into a "paycheck" that is collected at the end of the week, but deduct a reasonable amount of tax from it.  As it is now expenses are just for the business. Not the people. In real life, huge amounts of tax gets paid to the government based on income. It needs to be enforced here. 

Even though, tax evasion do exist, this can work for people that own their own businesses. But for people that work, most business IRL deduct tax from their paycheck, and pays it to the government. Not the employee. 

Commands to add: None.

Items to add: Paycheck system for garages, 24/7 Stores, fuel garages, etc.

How would your suggestion improve the server? It will stop players from driving three hundred grand cars just because they have the money for it. There would be the actual need to work what you spend your money on. 

Additional information: N/A

A five ten grand tax won't stop anyone from making ridiculous amounts of money, it's purely a deductible at the end of the week. If a mechanic makes 200k every week hypothetically you really think a 10k tax matters? No. 

Just now, MickeyO said:

A five ten grand tax won't stop anyone from making ridiculous amounts of money, it's purely a deductible at the end of the week. If a mechanic makes 200k every week hypothetically you really think a 10k tax matters? No. 

That's not really what I said. Tax works in income brackets. If you for example make, 200k a week, IRL there would be a BASE tax amount you pay, then a percentage of it. I also did not say making 200k you'd lose 10k to tax. I don't see it anywhere in the suggestion. 

Just now, TheUnknown54 said:

That's not really what I said. Tax works in income brackets. If you for example make, 200k a week, IRL there would be a BASE tax amount you pay, then a percentage of it. I also did not say making 200k you'd lose 10k to tax. I don't see it anywhere in the suggestion. 

I think you missed my point, the issue is people making a lot of money not a tax shave off at the end of the week because at the end of the day people will continue to make money and it'll just add up over time, a tax shave won't do anything but be a minor hinderance.

I'd be very in favor of a broader tax system, but only if the government was an active, functioning faction that would actually utilize the cash brought in from taxes to create RP for the server at large. The previous city government did not exactly inspire confidence, and I'm sure I'm not the only one doubting whether the next one will either. That being said, it's still a very interesting idea.

26 minutes ago, MickeyO said:

I think you missed my point, the issue is people making a lot of money not a tax shave off at the end of the week because at the end of the day people will continue to make money and it'll just add up over time, a tax shave won't do anything but be a minor hinderance.

Yes, people are still going to make money when you tax them. But taxes increase in cost in a manner that is proportional to your wealth. People who make more pay more in taxes, and thus have smaller profit margins to avoid them accumulating enormous wealth too fast.

39 minutes ago, MickeyO said:

I think you miss the whole point of tax. Tax is not just a hinderance. It's something that exists, has to exist to keep a stable economy. To be able to keep government funded to pay THEIR employees. It's to keep agencies such as the LSPD and LSFD in work, so that we can keep free healthcare and free security from Law Enforcement agencies. 

Tax isn't just to shave some money off your paycheck. It's there to give income to the government agencies that do their work for us, not for their advantage. 

I'll mention this again as well. Tax works in income brackets. It's not a fixed amount. The more income you make the more you pay, thus if it was to be implemented it wouldn't be just a minor hinderance. It will be realistic.

I used to study accounting IRL. I know these things, I had to work out tax, I still to this day know how to work it out. I'm going to give you an example here since you don't understand.

Income between 0-200k for instance, you'll pay around 20k base tax plus 15% per $. (Using USD as it is what the server uses, the currency I studied with is way different.) 

That means, if you make around 60k, you'll pay your base 20k, and then the other 15% which would make it another $6000, which means, you will pay a total of 26k in tax. 

The same system works until you exceed 200k, then you fall into a new income bracket, for example.
200 001 - 300/400/500 grand or w/e. That means the base tax you pay goes up along with the percentage. Let's say its 80k base and then 25%. You make 350k a month, okay. Whoever makes the amount will pay $80,000 base, and then a $67,500 along with it. Meaning, instead of making 350k, they make only $202,500. That's a HUGE amount to consider, that is why tax is needed. It wont just "shave off money". It'll make people think better about how they spend their money.

Obviously, the larger the income, the more tax you're going to pay since it works on a base amount including a percentage of the total income. 

I cannot explain tax to you other than this. 

Edited by TheUnknown54
42 minutes ago, TheUnknown54 said:

I think you miss the whole point of tax. Tax is not just a hinderance. It's something that exists, has to exist to keep a stable economy. To be able to keep government funded to pay THEIR employees. It's to keep agencies such as the LSPD and LSFD in work, so that we can keep free healthcare and free security from Law Enforcement agencies. 

Tax isn't just to shave some money off your paycheck. It's there to give income to the government agencies that do their work for us, not for their advantage. 

I'll mention this again as well. Tax works in income brackets. It's not a fixed amount. The more income you make the more you pay, thus if it was to be implemented it wouldn't be just a minor hinderance. It will be realistic.

I used to study accounting IRL. I know these things, I had to work out tax, I still to this day know how to work it out. I'm going to give you an example here since you don't understand.

Income between 0-200k for instance, you'll pay around 20k base tax plus 15% per $. (Using USD as it is what the server uses, the currency I studied with is way different.) 

That means, if you make around 60k, you'll pay your base 20k, and then the other 15% which would make it another $6000, which means, you will pay a total of 26k in tax. 

The same system works until you exceed 200k, then you fall into a new income bracket, for example.
200 001 - 300/400/500 grand or w/e. That means the base tax you pay goes up along with the percentage. Let's say its 80k base and then 25%. You make 350k a month, okay. Whoever makes the amount will pay $80,000 base, and then a $67,500 along with it. Meaning, instead of making 350k, they make only $202,500. That's a HUGE amount to consider, that is why tax is needed. It wont just "shave off money". It'll make people think better about how they spend their money.

Obviously, the larger the income, the more tax you're going to pay since it works on a base amount including a percentage of the total income. 

I cannot explain tax to you other than this. 

I know how tax works bro. I'm saying it won't do shit in the context of the server but that's MY opinion take it with a grain of salt.

• mj2002 locked this topic