Day night cycle

Cyrus

3 hours ago, CloutToken said:

As an American player myself, I'm not in support of switching to a 12-hour time-cycle. The reason being is that it's gonna make our world feel disconnected from the real world, and eventually, our in-game year will be further ahead of the current real-life year.

It's 2pm and sunny outside but IG it's already dark out, It's never going to perfectly align with everyone, I think we need to let this idea go. The in-game year situation didn't occur to me, but maybe leave the changing of calendar days to 24 hours (so each date change is tied to two IG day/night cycles.) 

I just want to have the option of RPing on the beach without it being pitch black out. Like PLEASE, there's got to be a way to make it work so you can experience day/night regardless of your timezone.

Edited by Cyrus
42 minutes ago, Exploits said:

This is always an awkward subject to broach.

+1

Everyone would like the cycle to be slightly different so I think a straight 1:1 is perfect. I like the current set-up although I am from the UK. I wouldn't be opposed to the server time being synced to -7 as that would be location-appropriate.

Interesting idea,

I wouldn't have to pull all-nighters or wake up at 7 in the morning anymore to see daylight in the server. Jokes aside, was there a reason that it was set to GMT in the first place and not GMT-7? Like, @Cyrus mentioned above, you can't have an perfect server time for a player base that plays in so many different time zones around the world. 

7 hours ago, zaXer. said:

I said it a thousand times but nobody listened. Roll the night to come earlier, so daylight comes earlier as well. 

Right now, we in the EU play 99% in the daylight. 

Ehhh, don't know about that 99%, I'm in the EU myself and I mostly play when it's night, same goes for multiple others in Europe.

Time is already wonky on the server, especially in the jail sentences. 1 month is a day, and a year is a month. Changing it to a system where an hour IG is shorter than an IRL one will just make it messy. It's a no from me.

• Upvote 1

As a European, of course, I wouldn't want this to happen because the time fits perfectly for me as of now.

However, if we took that out of consideration, there'd be a big problem: You couldn't properly host events and arrange anything in-game, the in-game time would always be different and moving quicker than usual, it'd be a huge pain in the ass with the in-game time since it'd be much faster and just mess everything up. I've seen this done in another server and it didn't end up well at all. 

• mj2002 locked this topic