Occasional lag spike down to 1-30 FPS.

Bas

Hey there!

I've been experiencing some weird lag spikes lately which do not seem to be area dependant. I can just be driving around and it'll dip for a second or so down to betwee 1 and 30 FPS freezing up the game. I've got no clue what may cause it and have already tried multiple fixes to no avail.

Specs:

I7-7700HQ

16GB ram
GTX 1060 6gb
Game is installed on a SSD

If anyone has a possible solution for this I'd be very grateful as I'm planning to apply for a law faction and having these lag spikes would make pursuit lines a horror to deal with.

Thanks!

50 minutes ago, Bas said:

The main answer there seems to be: Put it on an SSD... Which I already have as you could read.

There are multiple answers which helped me personally. If you're not willing to read them, why do you even bother asking for help? 

For me, it was a problem of RAM. What I did is:

1) Use autoruns to close permanently background processes I don't need.

2) 

On 4/25/2020 at 9:46 PM, Morgan said:

Try disabling fullscreen optimization in the compatibility tab in properties of GTA V. I'm having the same issue, and I think this helped a bit.

3)

https://youtu.be/offcMVAabLI

And there are other things on the thread if you are willing to go through them.

Just now, Morgan said:

There are multiple answers which helped me personally. If you're not willing to read them, why do you even bother asking for help? 

For me, it was a problem of RAM. What I did is:

1) Use autoruns to close permanently background processes I don't need.

2) 

3)

https://youtu.be/offcMVAabLI

And there are other things on the thread if you are willing to go through them.

My bad I should've eleborated.. I've already tried the things mentioned in this topic.

This happens to nearly everyone I speak to and nobody can seem to garner an explanation. It usually happens 1/8 times I drive a vehicle and the only fix I've found is to restart my game.

I'd just do your best to help your computer while it's running the game such as updating drivers, closing other programs, setting GTA V's priority higher, ensuring your temps are ok and so on. There's no direct fix I've been able to find.

On 5/3/2020 at 12:10 PM, Robby said:

Does this happen every minute or something?

More or less every 5 or so. I'm starting to get a feeling that it has to do with the way that ragemp loads in vehicles. But that is just a hunch.

Edited by Bas

Look, this might sound really weird, but after I went through all the options available on the internet and sunk about 10 hours into finding a solution, I noticed that I had a huge lag spike while changing my windows options. It happened when the color changed, and after a minute it did so again. The reason for it was, due to my wallpaper changing every minute on an interval I had a frequent lag spike, every minute. 

One might think that a PC wouldn't have such problems, but with running CPU on 80% and Graphic card on about 90% this was logical. I turned it off, never had lag spikes again.

Try to see, if your desktop wallpaper interval is on 5 minutes, and if it lags every five minutes when it changes.

• Bash locked this topic