Fix Traffic Lights

PlayerX

10 hours ago, Morgan said:

The lights are synced.

Are we sure about that ?

I had cops arrest me IC because I didn't stop to an intersection while the light was green for me, they later said in /b's that lights weren't synced and that I had to make a stop at each of them.

On 4/27/2020 at 8:02 PM, PlayerX said:

Short description: Some traffic lights are broken.

Detailed description: I don't know if it would be possible to fix this, but it would increase immersion 300% if all traffic lights worked as they do IRL. Currently, some traffic lights work fine, green > yellow > red. The problem is there's no consistancy. Some intersections go from green > yellow > red > yellow, some go green > red > yellow. I've also counted at least two intersections where the timing for both directions is exactly the same, meaning both ways either read green, yellow, or red. One of those intersections connects two main roads! So, my suggestion is this -

If it's possible, we should fix the traffic light timing and set it to what it would be in real life. Green > Yellow > Red. I would prefer if it went from Green > yellow > red > red+flashing yellow (for 3 seconds or w/e until it goes back to green), but I don't know how realistic that would be in a city the size of Los Santos. I'm sure there has to be a way to manually set the timing for traffic lights, although i'm sure it would be a lot of work to have to go through every intersection on the map.

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? It would improve immersion 300%.

Additional information: I would just like to add this would enable people to properly be able to roleplay driving through town. It's unrealistic to get pulled over for crossing a red light when the light went green > red. Would be amazing if we could fix this.

@PlayerX
Yeah its a neat idea that has always been around even back in the SAMP/MTA days. It has just always been a general rule of thumb to stop at any and all intersections, so basically if this feature was truly synced, and the laws changed there would be a lot of issues; The main issue would be for those like myself whom have had this rule of thumb for nearly 10 years.

Most veteran GTA Roleplayers would stop just out of habit, causing traffic issues and frustrations to those who practice the new rule. Even those whom aren't veteran. 
I think its more of the term "Why fix what's already working." Lol!

It is what it is. We've followed it for years, so I highly doubt there would be a change.. That's for any GTA community honestly.