Event businesses.

Sami.

Short description:

Allowing event based companies to have an entrance fee.

Detailed description:

It's extremely hard to maintain an event based company that has a lot of outgoings when we can't sell tickets fast enough to really make money.

At Vespucci Sports, prior to the entrance fee's being taking off we where pulling in around 80-90 people over three different events. When the entrance fee was removed we had to start selling tickets seperatly which sounds like a perfect thing, however it doesn't work. People are naturally playing a game here, and they won't wait in queues to purchase tickets. This isn't me talking out of my ass, this is a genuine fact - our last event sold 20 tickets, that's not an accurate reflection of the amount of people who stepped into the building to purchase a ticket.

If we're talking about a bar, or a club, or a general store - then there definently shouldn't be an enterance fee, it doesn't make sense. But if we're talking about something like an arena? Whether that's theatrical, musical, or sporting events, tickets are the entire back bone of the companies driving force.

For example, at Vespucci Sports, we pay the fighters and staff a percentage of the intake, we can't do that if we're not making enough money to feed two people, let alone 8 or 9. 

Essentially I'm asking for a revised ticketing or enterance fee system that would work for certain businesses.

Commands to add:

Items to add:

How would your suggestion improve the server?

Additional information:

Edited by Sami
7 minutes ago, DLimit said:

One could use I.C. methods towards extracting entrance fees. I.E. Hiring a security firm to enforce entrance fees at the entrance of the venue. Or, one could request for the admins to permit your event to possess an entrance fee.

Da bombaclart ting not even work mon. Me tried it wid' Vespucci Sports anme' nya' make any money, 'tis chambolic mon. People nah want fi' wait pun' queue on gyame mun.

-

Dearest sir, it would seem the current system is in-efficacious due to the socio-economic reality of GTA:W. Not to say it is not possible to create such system where-by an entrance fee can be automatically deducted from a person, if the person so chooses to pay it. Possibly done in a CEF menu.

Edited by Sami
  • Applaud 1

Sports events and fights usually pre-sell tickets and you cannot buy them before the fight (since it's usually sold out). I would try to set up some sort of website and sell the tickets in advance so you can simply tell the guards to roleplay checking the tickets and you don't need to care about the money-side. Other than this, you could try opening up 60 minutes earlier and make some show before the fights (concerts or anything) so people will have enough time to arrive and purchase/show up tickets without huge lines.

Your events are extraordinary by the way, I enjoy them a lot. ?

• Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic