[Suggestion] Fishing Boats

IrishBloke

Short description: A lot of my IC friends and I enjoy going fishing together in a group, it can be great for RP. We've thought that perhaps it would be a cooler concept to be able to fill up a big boat and head out for the day fishing.

Detailed description: At the moment the only way to fish to my knowledge is at any of the pre-selected fishing points, then bringing your fish to the selling point with a large duffel bag. I am proposing that you add Fishing boats (More expensive than normal boats) to the boat dealership, which in themselves are scripted temporary fishing spots. Then you can buy extra duffle bags and head out for a few hours fishing on the sea with your friends, getting some more unique roleplay. In order to sell the batch you have to store the fulled duffel bags into the boat, then bring them to shore and transport them all to the selling point at once.

Commands to add: Nothing really, besides being able to store a duffel bag full of fish in the boat, a few times over.

Items to add: Fishing boats (Normal boat with scripted fishing function)

How would your suggestion improve the server? It will give another platform and scenario for unique roleplay. I love fishing IRL and it would be great to RP a fishing trip in game, it's fun RP while also making something from it.

Additional information: N/A

• Upvote 1

To explain this, The waves you see others players do not see, The boat will drift and become desynced at present and the /anchor command does not work with the version of RAGE we use at this time. Due to these factors it would not be possible to implement this at this time.

• Thanks 1
  • 6 months later...
1 hour ago, ThomasNoman said:

/Anchor now works, so uh, please?

BUMP

But it doesn't sync properly. Boats don't sync well in general, it can float away on your screen whilst the server believes it to remain in place. This needs to be resolved before fishing on boats can become a thing. Anchoring just freezes the boat in place, and can lead to it floating 6 feet above the water in certain conditions. Its quite terrible.

Edited by mj2002
  • mj2002 locked this topic