Crime Reports on the Los Santos Department Website

RapatKung

4 hours ago, RapatKung said:

Police Officers must investigate based on the information by the reporting party with or without evidence.

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

You're not gonna force anything. Just like in real life, you have the possibility to report a crime and it is up to the police to decide if it is legitimate or not. If it turns out you are wasting their time, you will be charged for obstruction. However, these reports should be kept to a high standard and limited to certain categories which can actually be investigated, to eliminate spam. For example, reports on House burglaries and Murder could be valid if there is some evidence (CCTV recordings, pictures taken on a phone...)

I don't really see why this would really be that helpful. We already have a system in place that allows you to effectively do this. You can call the PD any time and any officer is able to make a report/forward information to us for investigation. There are very few times there aren't at least a couple of people online between the PD/SD. Also, if we as detectives are supposed to investigate your case then you and the suspect need to be online at the same time as us at some point for RP,information, questioning, arrest, etc. If that never happens then it's going to be incredibly difficult to do any real work in many cases that we just don't have enough evidence or background for unless its just straight hard evidence that lets us file an arrest.

19 minutes ago, Odin said:

I don't really see why this would really be that helpful. We already have a system in place that allows you to effectively do this. You can call the PD any time and any officer is able to make a report/forward information to us for investigation. There are very few times there aren't at least a couple of people online between the PD/SD. Also, if we as detectives are supposed to investigate your case then you and the suspect need to be online at the same time as us at some point for RP,information, questioning, arrest, etc. If that never happens then it's going to be incredibly difficult to do any real work in many cases that we just don't have enough evidence or background for unless its just straight hard evidence that lets us file an arrest.

My character was a suspect in a murder case, and I was initially detained for 3 days, but I was contacted by a detective through discord during the first day, I went in-game and we RPed, interrogated me and whatnot. Voila, it's not hard to find the suspect online. I'm supporting this only because /call 911 in-game is mainly for situations happening at the time. But just like the LSPD forum section where you can report stolen firearms, there are other cases that should be reported like a burglary, home invasion and so on. If you have a description of the suspect or any evidence, the police can put an APB and do a proper investigation. If all of this can be done in-game, then by all means, keep it in-game. There was one incident where I reported a burglary in-game inside LSPD HQ, and they made an incident report, resulting eventually in finding my phone that was stolen, but I had to wait sometime to find an officer, and it took us about half an hour to finish up, which I don't mind, but If every player is going to report a crime, that might be problematic.

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

My character was a suspect in a murder case, and I was initially detained for 3 days, but I was contacted by a detective through discord during the first day, I went in-game and we RPed, interrogated me and whatnot. Voila, it's not hard to find the suspect online. I'm supporting this only because /call 911 in-game is mainly for situations happening at the time. But just like the LSPD forum section where you can report stolen firearms, there are other cases that should be reported like a burglary, home invasion and so on. If you have a description of the suspect or any evidence, the police can put an APB and do a proper investigation. If all of this can be done in-game, then by all means, keep it in-game. There was one incident where I reported a burglary in-game inside LSPD HQ, and they made an incident report, resulting eventually in finding my phone that was stolen, but I had to wait sometime to find an officer, and it took us about half an hour to finish up, which I don't mind, but If every player is going to report a crime, that might be problematic.

I'm not really opposed to the idea but if your supporting this as you say " only because /call 911 in-game is mainly for situations happening at the time. " then just call our non emergency line and this is a non issue. I don't really see a reason to setup an entirely new procedure and section when even at the most inactive times you can just wait a little while and call us again. The only way I would personally be for seeing it is if there are actual strict requirements in regards to reporting. A section that gets filled with reports without any evidence honestly will not produce anything and still requires us to speak.

9 hours ago, Morgan said:

You're not gonna force anything. Just like in real life, you have the possibility to report a crime and it is up to the police to decide if it is legitimate or not. If it turns out you are wasting their time, you will be charged for obstruction. However, these reports should be kept to a high standard and limited to certain categories which can actually be investigated, to eliminate spam. For example, reports on House burglaries and Murder could be valid if there is some evidence (CCTV recordings, pictures taken on a phone...)

That is exactly what I meant.