Scale down the mechanic pay.

Akaya

Just now, Asthaerya said:

As I've worked as a bartender...
That can be the case, but the base pay is ~3k an hour. 

You don't spend an hour plus disassembling parts of a vehicle, swapping them out for modifications and going in detail. You serve drinks, no offense. There's nothing special to it. If I researched my role, have been doing it for ages and still barely get some profit because the components are stupidly overpriced, cutting the pays down to 3-8k is going to turn over every garage on GTA:W. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, JustAnM43 said:

Then lower the component price. As it stands now, the components are expensive and 80% of the cash we get from garage profits are spent on components, the other 20% is for employees. Dig a bit deeper into it and you'll see just how expensive components are. Cutting profits to 3-8k will end up in us wasting more components, getting no profit and having to pay for components out of pocket. Once components are balanced to the mechanic's pay, sure. But for now, no.

This. Many don’t realize how much goes into buying components and how expensive it is to the garage. 

1 hour ago, Asthaerya said:

Like iRL I'd say that money would be drawn from the money that goes to the company.
The more mechanics work for a garage, the less money the garage earns as it has to pay the mechanics. 

This is how it works in game now. The purchase price goes to the garage and is then split, based on the commission percentage set, between how many mechanics are on shift. 

Edited by Scaramouche

Well, earning 30-80k a shift makes no sense either. It's simply not realistic, and that's what this server wants to be about. 
So the prices of the components should be raised by a little, and the percentage the mechanics get drastically lowered.

If the owner wants to turn a bit of a profit after paying for components (75k for 15k comps - that's enough for roughly 2-3 hours of working, depending on activity), they'll set the percentshare to 20-30% at most and the employees will make from 5k to 20k an hour, which is more than fair if they do the RP well. 

If a garage has multiple employees and they can build a motor in 5 minutes, that issue should fall onto player management. You're not going to make more than 20k if you actually know what you're doing and put some effort into your roleplay. 

As someone who has a character that has run a workshop for over a year now, I can tell you that there aren't any issues with the pay rn. Back in the day you'd make full profits and would pay 15k for a full restock. You could easily make 100-200k of profit in half a week. Nowadays, you're going to make 20-40k as the business owner every time your components run out, which can range from hours to days, depending on activity. 

• Upvote 1

Well, earning 30-80k a shift makes no sense either. It's simply not realistic, and that's what this server wants to be about. 
So the prices of the components should be raised by a little, and the percentage the mechanics get drastically lowered.

Not really, no. If someone individually earns 30-80 grand a shift, there's something wrong with the percentage system set by the owner. I can tell you that I can be ingame for 4-5 hours getting business, I'll end up with 8-12 maximum. If you have a 20% garage share set, it puts a decent amount of money in the business bank, and some of it goes to hand. If a person is getting 30-80 grand a shift, the set garage share is outrageously adjusted so the majority of the cash goes to the mechanics which shouldn't happen. The components are stupidly high priced as it is, raising the prices up should not happen nor does it make sense. 

4 minutes ago, Asthaerya said:

You’ve never been a part of running a garage then. As another just said, raising the component price is out of the question. It’s already expensive to maintain the components for a garage. I’d like to see proof of these earnings, especially while multiple mechanics are on shift. I feel you’re exaggerating. If someone has earned that much, they aren’t RP’ing properly and should be reported. There’s no way proper RP is done and they earn that much. No way.

Edited by Scaramouche

That's not how it works. Either the owner of your garage is rich scriptwise and doesn't mind putting his personal money into component purchases, or he's poor at managing one.

The money cuts are set by the owner himself, and it's going to cost you 75k for a restock of 15k components as I already explained. If you're having tons of activity, that's going to last you about half a day with a profit(for the owner) of about 20-40k.

2 minutes ago, Scaramouche said:

You’ve never been a part of running a garage then. As another just said, raising the component price is out of the question. It’s already expensive to maintain the components for a garage. I’d like to see proof of these earnings, especially while multiple mechanics are on shift. I feel you’re exaggerating. 

I have been, and if you're all alone on your shift and people come to you to upgrade all of their car... Well. 

1 minute ago, Asthaerya said:

I have been, and if you're all alone on your shift and people come to you to upgrade all of their car... Well. 

You haven’t been a part of owning a garage if you think components prices need to go up, lol. Unless the owner puts in his own money and sets commission at 100% or something unrealistic.

I still don’t see a single person making that much if they are properly RP’ing the job. If they are spending 5 minutes on a complete engine rework, then that’s poor RP, not a product of the pay system.

Edited by Scaramouche
  • Upvote 1