Scale down the mechanic pay.

Akaya

Short description: TL;DR: Mechanics are making way too much money to be realistic in any way. 

Detailed description: One of my characters has been a mechanic for quite some time and my characters do know some ICly. Some mechanics are earning between 30-80 grand a shift, which is far, very far, from realistic. This should be cut down by a zero, down to 3-8k an hour. Instead of giving a cut of the parts someone's buying to the mechanic, a big part of said money should be going to buying the said car parts, as the garage needs to buy them too and doesn't just have an infinite stock of high-value aftermarket parts for supercars and so on. I'm sure this will cause a lot of crying, but it's not realistic for a mechanic to become a millionaire in a few shifts, it's very, very far from that. 

Commands to add: -//-

Items to add: -//-

How would your suggestion improve the server? It'd simply improve realism and fairness. 

Additional information: None.

Edited by Asthaerya
  • Upvote 6

Not to mention that nearly everyone abuses the mechanic job for the extra pay. Instead of getting $500 an hour for being unemployed you get $800 an hour. I was online the other day and there were 157 players online. 156 of them were listed as mechanics under /onduty ??

The hard part is that how do you scale it back to account for multiple mechanics on duty? The pay is split between the mechanics when something is purchase. When only one mechanic is on duty, yeah they are making A LOT. But if 3 or 4 are on duty, which would be realistic IRL, they aren’t earning out of the ordinary. If you cut the pay, they won’t be making the average $4,400 an hour, they’d be earning way less. 

Edited by Scaramouche

Then lower the component price. As it stands now, the components are expensive and 80% of the cash we get from garage profits are spent on components, the other 20% is for employees. Dig a bit deeper into it and you'll see just how expensive components are. Cutting profits to 3-8k will end up in us wasting more components, getting no profit and having to pay for components out of pocket. Once components are balanced to the mechanic's pay, sure. But for now, no.

• Upvote 3
Just now, Mitch said:

Mechanics earn too much money for personally little effort, there's some mechanics that can RP fine, but others just either half ass it, or got no idea what they're doing. Supporting. 

Then you report those individuals for piss poor RP. I'm not gonna be spending a full hour working on a car to get 3-8k when bartenders get more in 30 minutes. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, JustAnM43 said:

Then you report those individuals for piss poor RP. I'm not gonna be spending a full hour working on a car to get 3-8k when bartenders get more in 30 minutes. 

As I've worked as a bartender...
That can be the case, but the base pay is ~3k an hour.