How to improve crime rp

Max3

7 hours ago, 23VILLAIN said:

"mallrats"

back to the topic then. 

(gangsters against gangsters) most of the time, i see people shoot over getting /robbed/. in my eyes, i'd only shoot someone if they robbed me with a gun, cause then i know its dangerous and what not. but if dude rob you with like 2-3 other people without any weapons, then you should just go and take your shit back without killing them, and rob them in the process, but hey that's just my opinion. also, you only see gangs shoot at other gangs when they're in deep territory, the outer skirts of a gang could be seen as weak, but the middle is where all the action would go down if the opposition slid through. but anyway, not gonna get into much detail. the more melee fights we have, the more enjoyable the faction role play would be, and that's how it's supposed to go, and let's at least role play those interactions instead of killing each other on sight. 

for all the mallrats or parkrats that go into the ghetto in their rich ass cars. stop complaining whenever you get robbed in broad daylight, when bro secludes the bag, realistically he'd be eating good for a whole month, and that's what "gangsters" want, don't they?

damnn well said! everything is spot on, especially the mallrat part

i see too many mallrats cruise through chamberlain slowly in expensive cars... so dumv

4 hours ago, Roller said:

You just need good players, boys. Especially those who can portray black gangs. Not R60s. There was a couple, but they left, mostly because of the noob factions all around Los Santos. And partly because of FM.

??

Edited by aldo
On 11/21/2019 at 2:02 AM, DLimit said:

What do I mean by a fist-fight? A roleplay-oriented one rather than a mechanic one, as it leads to more detail beyond "Oh, I got knocked out".

When i played in a hardcore rp group on SWTOR we used a dice system to determine how RP fights turned out. It took a bit longer, but it was much more satisfying and people can't dodge you like a supersonic ninja cuz they don't wanna be knocked out. Generally we would do first to 3 points would win the fight.

So example..

Me and @DLimit get in a fight.  The fight has properly escalated and we are both prepared for the fight. We each get 1 D20 to throw. 

*DLimit attempts to push Browneboys to the ground*

Dlimit Rolls a 12, Browneboys rolls a 4.

*Browneboys is surprised by the quickness of Dlimit as he is pushed to the ground, slipping on the rocks below his feet as he falls down and lands on his back.*

At this point, the first round has ended and seeing Dlimit has rolled higher he wins the first round and gets his first point of 3 needed to win the fight. Now both players roll again.

Dlimit rolls a 18, Browneboys tolls a 10.

*Dlimit runs forward, punching Browneboys several times as he lays on his back.

Another point goes to Dlimit this round.

Dlimit rolls a 3 while Browneboys rolls a 10.

*Browneboys grabs a handful of rocks and tosses them into Dlimits face and backhands him as he becomes disoriented.*

Now the score is Dlimit 2, Browneboys 1. And this keeps going until whoever hits 2, 3, or however many points people want to go to in a confrontation.

Like I said, combat takes a bit longer, but with this system, outcomes become undeniable and you can add much more details to your fights in a way that makes the fights more entertaining for all involved

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Browneboys said:

When i played in a hardcore rp group on SWTOR we used a dice system to determine how RP fights turned out. It took a bit longer, but it was much more satisfying and people can't dodge you like a supersonic ninja cuz they don't wanna be knocked out. Generally we would do first to 3 points would win the fight.

So example..

Me and @DLimit get in a fight.  The fight has properly escalated and we are both prepared for the fight. We each get 1 D20 to throw. 

*Browneboys is surprised by the quickness of Dlimit as he is pushed to the ground, slipping on the rocks below his feet as he falls down and lands on his back.*

At this point, the first round has ended and seeing Dlimit has rolled higher he wins the first round and gets his first point of 3 needed to win the fight. Now both players roll again.

*Browneboys grabs a handful of rocks and tosses them into Dlimits face and backhands him as he becomes disoriented.*

Now the score is Dlimit 2, Browneboys 1. And this keeps going until whoever hits 2, 3, or however many points people want to go to in a confrontation.

Like I said, combat takes a bit longer, but with this system, outcomes become undeniable and you can add much more details to your fights in a way that makes the fights more entertaining for all involved

I had actually roleplayed a fight in this manner, several days ago, on a character within Blaine county. Not only was it fair and balanced, but it lead to providing a detailed assessment of the situation while increasing one's abilities to roleplay certain injuries more accurately. I highly vouch for this method.

Edit: Then again, I often add or subtract an "X" amount of numbers from each role, depending on each character's physique and mental capabilities. I.E. A person that is 6'5 with muscles will receive a major advantage during combat if it is roleplayed based on strength, allowing their character to possess a "+2" or "+3" with a roll when competing against a scrawny individual that lacks the ability to fight. Combine these factors, and the R.P. is both realistic and immersive.

Edited by DLimit
1 minute ago, Max3 said:

Hmm wonder who whooped yo ass

Hahahha, more like a very balanced fight that lead to this fourty year-old man tripping on the ground after missing a shin kick against the wall. It was interesting and extremely realistic... A punch wasn't even thrown within that fight, hahaha. Just imagine a twenty year-old and a fourty year-old shoving each other around a room until the older male trips and falls over some boxes.

That was a good session.

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Browneboys said:

So example..

I remember using a system like that back when i used to do RP on swtor. Problem with this is really, it only really works if both parties agree on using it and its not really good in a open area.

Since patrolling police only needs to roll up for a moment to see a fight going on. A fight that irl would make a few minutes to finish perhaps, but in RP takes maybe half an hour to finish.

I know for a fact, that certain factions out there use a rolling system. But thats only when faction members are fighting between them selves in a more controlled space.

Edited by Netsrac
  • Cara locked this topic