How to improve crime rp

Max3

7 hours ago, DLimit said:

If conflict arises, criminal roleplayers should utilize their firearm as a last resort. I'd recommend cursing and insulting each other combined with a bit of intimidation. If the verbal method doesn't cause one individual to leave the situation, then escalate it into a fist fight. What do I mean by a fist-fight? A roleplay-oriented one rather than a mechanic one, as it leads to more detail beyond "Oh, I got knocked out".

Another interesting aspect is the notion that any time that a person wields ANY form of weapon, it usually results in a fight that leads to death. Instead, feel intimidated by a blade and "back off".  

How about internal conflict that doesn't always result in a shoot-out? I.E. Slurs about X having sex with a prostitute or two males competing with each other to attain this one specific woman that they are both interested in.

In the end, manifest ideas and storylines that does not only revolve around narcotics and firearms. 

I would like to also point out that the murder-rate, within Davis, is higher than modern-day Compton, despite possessing less players than Compton, itself: https://homicide.latimes.com/neighborhood/compton 

I'd just like to point out, I've had at least seven characters that were armed within the past six months. Only one of them has ever actually used their firearm, and that was during an actual shoot-out that occurred during a war. 

there's probably been like 1 CK in the past month in Davis, so that isn't relevant to the IRL rate at all

should petty stuff keep going on like: X beats up A and posted a picture of it, exposing him... then A beats up X and does the same, then so on and so on instead of X or A coming back harder which would actually be more realistic than melee fighting all the time?

gun violence is a lot more common than what you think, just because less than whatever died in just a year or 4 months, doesn't mean gun crime isn't common.

if real gangs in LA use their guns as a sort of primary resort, why should we (gang rpers) use it as a last resort?

if a gang banger has a gun, he is going to use it... and it's not about oh what about the consequences etc.. until LSPD actually start putting people away for long periods of time, there aren't really any consequences other than the character's mental state, but that should only really happen when your character CK's someone and not PK's them.

but I get what you mean though, if shootings do happen.. both sides shouldn't mag dump into eachothers bodies like in LSRP, because that is unrealistic and most of the time nobody dies

Edited by aldo
  • Upvote 1

I've had to clean a lot of lies and shit from the thread as it's once again going away from its initial goal.

Banned players, people who never roleplayed illegal nor contacted illegal Faction Management can't come here and freely insult their work nor say that "DM is allowed". These are 100% lies and don't come back on this thread to spread these things when:

We haven't seen you contact FM nor PLM.

We haven't seen you report these players.
We haven't seen you with a good roleplay level.

We haven't even seen you on the server in months.

I'm all for opened discussion and we created an illegal discord just for that, but if you can't behave or have a serious discussion with some knowledge of what you're talking about, we'll end up closing every threads and keeping the discussion with the illegal discord only.

I also invite everyone to read the following if you didn't, as many of you claim people "don't RP fear", well good news if you logged in this month you should know that you can report anyone who fail to RP fear for a permanent CK, and so far we already accepted more than 10:

So please, I beg you to keep these threads serious. There are real issues to discuss, we don't have time with trolls or people who come with 0 knowledge of what the current illegal roleplay state of the server is. If you're here to trashtalk a specific faction, then you haven't understood anything of this thread and you can expect to be warned.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Nervous said:

I've had to clean a lot of lies and shit from the thread as it's once again going away from its initial goal.

I literally said in the beginning that no one really cares abt how bad you think the admins are or how bad the opposing factions are or how great you are, I’m genuinely asking for suggestions on what people can do. 

Please check the OP as i’m going to change a little bit to clear it up.

Just now, Max3 said:

I literally said in the beginning that no one really cares abt how bad you think the admins are or how bad the opposing factions are or how great you are, I’m genuinely asking for suggestions on what people can do. 

Please check the OP as i’m going to change a little bit to clear it up.

Yes, unfortunately people don't even read your message.

anyway, back on topic: 

I think magdumping should be looked at, and when a situation escalates, no one should really be PK'd and they should just be put down to the wounded state and the person should just run away as fast as they can.

Edited by aldo

Unsure as to how any of my posts were off topic, I literally mentioned my own experience AS a person who primarily does Illegal roleplay.

I was never in contact with any of the former black gang leaders OOCly, is there a reason they left or no longer run black gangs? Obviously they would be the best people to get suggestions from regarding the state of roleplay in the South.

14 minutes ago, tebbutt1 said:

Unsure as to how any of my posts were off topic, I literally mentioned my own experience AS a person who primarily does Illegal roleplay.

I was never in contact with any of the former black gang leaders OOCly, is there a reason they left or no longer run black gangs? Obviously they would be the best people to get suggestions from regarding the state of roleplay in the South.

banned lol

or moved to lsrp

Edited by aldo
  • Applaud 1
3 hours ago, aldo said:

anyway, back on topic: 

I think magdumping should be looked at, and when a situation escalates, no one should really be PK'd and they should just be put down to the wounded state and the person should just run away as fast as they can.

Eh, I think magdumping is fairly realistic but it depends on the circumstance.

Obviously in drivebys people just magdump then drive off - Due to the fact you're in a car though then it's going to be more innacurate, hence why people survive it more often and why there a lot of innocents that get hurt during them

If you're at the point where you're going to kill someone, then I don't really see it unreasonable that you make sure (Especially given how the script is so unreliable and stupid)

I'm still fairly new to the South in terms of criminal RP (mostly focused on the areas in the North of the city) but from what I can tell it seems in a pretty decent spot at the moment - Obviously don't have much to compare it to but there's stuff to do and it's not constant drivebys or what have you that people make it out to be

24 minutes ago, friendlyman said:

I'm still fairly new to the South in terms of criminal RP (mostly focused on the areas in the North of the city) but from what I can tell it seems in a pretty decent spot at the moment - Obviously don't have much to compare it to but there's stuff to do and it's not constant drivebys or what have you that people make it out to be

yeah it’s not constant shootings every hour, but about the magdumping... only way to solve it is by making people less accurate... but I have no idea how that could be done

• Cara locked this topic