Switching the server timezone

Orcaninja

Thread summed it up. Europeans on this server are being, to say the least, very self centred. More North Americans play this server than you think. I'm sick and tired of it always being night time when I play. We need a server timezone that is both realistic and fair for people on both sides of the Atlantic.

Edited by Cranlet
1 minute ago, oRe said:

The majority of players are from EU so I think that the time balance should be inclined towards the EU players. I don't mind seeing a 2 days cycle anyway, so I am down for the 2 days cycle as well.

We're suggesting something that is perfectly fair or neutral. The server time was formulated and implemented in ways that favour Europeans over others, and has resulted in many of the players being forgotten.

2 minutes ago, Aram_Abrahamyan said:

We're suggesting something that is perfectly fair or neutral. The server time was formulated and implemented in ways that favour Europeans over others, and has resulted in many of the players being forgotten.

That is why I mentioned that I would not have nothing against having something neutral so that both parties can get to roleplay during day-time and I find the suggestion regarding the 2 day cycle as a very fair one.

On 10/31/2017 at 7:52 AM, Jimenez said:

Because it's supposed to be immersive?

I've played heavy roleplay servers on other games that had more than one day in a in real life day, you don't really think about it.

I don't think this suggestion is anything that urgently needs to be changed, but I think it could be a good change for the server.

I live in Europe but I'm nocturnal ;_; I'd suggest to leave it as it is but that's just me. It's impossible to make everyone happy. I disagree with the suggestion because the problem it intends to solve does so by creating a bigger problem: majority of players don't get to experience the night time.

(no, I'm not trying to say that it's a bigger problem due to europeans being more important than americans or anything, it's all about the player count)

2 minutes ago, Bloodseeker said:

I live in Europe but I'm nocturnal ;_; I'd suggest to leave it as it is but that's just me. It's impossible to make everyone happy. I disagree with the suggestion because the problem it intends to solve does so by creating a bigger problem: majority of players don't get to experience the night time.

(no, I'm not trying to say that it's a bigger problem due to europeans being more important than americans or anything, it's all about the player count)

You haven't bothered even spending a minute to read the first page. It's an inherently evident truth in every word you just typed.

I've been playing this server for the past 3 days, and man it sucks because I have to stay up past midnight my time for it to ever be day light. Otherwise it's always night on the server and it sucks. Many servers in the past had 12 hour cycles or even 6 hour cycles, maybe that is an option. But if not it's gonna suck continuing to RP in the night. 

• Upvote 1