Implementing tasers into gun stores for Guard Card owners only

Mitch

Short description:
Adding tasers to the gun stores. 
Detailed description:
I know what you may think, but READ CAREFULLY before you reply.

Tasers are legal, as per SHAFT (Verified by Brett) and are often used by security guards in some US states (Yes, a lot of states do ban them, but some of them do allow them) 
Tasers are the best choice for less lethal take downs, guns are incredibly risky for security guards as it opens them up to liability if someone dies if they're shot.

Personally, tasers should be very expensive, to cut down on the abuse so only people who need them, can get them. imo $20'000 is fine? Since it has unlimited ammo

How to counter the abuse? 
Easy, just how we handle the abuse of PFs, if people abuse them, punish them, harshly and allow admin approval for purchases. 
They're weapons, not toys and any half competent security guard should know this and the LSPD should be pro-active in monitoring this as well. 

What happens if you abuse it? Simple, your PF, GC, CCW gets removed, taser removed, and an admin punishment. 
It might seem harsh, but it's a strong deterrent for abuse. GC is hard enough to get as it is so with the extra punishment in place, it should deter trolls and in a good way, people will actually RP fear around security guards, in which they should because getting tased or shot isn't nice...

Commands to add:
None
Items to add:
Taser to Gun Stores
How would your suggestion improve the server?
Realism, avoids the always 'lethal' option for security guards.
Additional information:
I must stress this enough, this is for GUARD CARD ONLY, If you have a CCW and a PF, you will NOT be able to buy one

As for pistols, any taser that directly hits someone should automatically be logged as like "[Date] [Timestamp] John Doe has tased Timothy Spencer"

Edited by Mitch
  • Upvote 3
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄                     
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█                  
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█                  
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█                  
░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█                  
███████▄▄█░░░░░██████▄ 
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█ 
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░Nervous, ░░░░█ 
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░Add This░░░░█  
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░Please!░░░░░█ 
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█ 
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████░░░░░░░░░█   
██████▀░░░░▀▀██████▀     

Edited by Rekhoem
2 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

Have spoken with FM about this when I was leading SecuroServ, and the answer was a definite no. 

Though, I support.

We call ourselves a heavy roleplay server, by LAW we are allowed to carry tasers yet the FM's answer is no? What they expect the guards to do if shit happens in a club or another property? Take out the gun and just spray everyone on sight?

Honestly, you should've insisted on tasers and press FM to change their decision.

I see literally no downsides to this at all. Less combat means less PKs, and proper takedowns means that criminals would actually be punished instead of either receiving a PK or escaping. Non-lethal takedowns also allow for more RP in all situations stemming from it for all sides (police, security, criminal, even property owner depending on the context.) The fact that this isn't already a thing kinda boggles my mind.

big boi +1

on another note,

33 minutes ago, Mitch said:

Personally, tasers should be very expensive, to cut down on the abuse so only people who need them, can get them. imo $20'000 is fine? Since it has unlimited ammo

I disagree with this price. The card itself costs 10k, and other equipment can lead up to 12k, even more (combat pistol + month limit ammo = 12k). The poor server population, or the extremely frugal, which already spent 20k on equipment and the card might have a big issue spending another 20k. As someone wanting to get into securityRP, and wanting a tazer pretty badly for non-lethal takedowns, I have a bit of a problem spending so much. I feel at maximum, 12k-14k is good, and 10k might be best.

8 minutes ago, Invictus said:

We call ourselves a heavy roleplay server, by LAW we are allowed to carry tasers yet the FM's answer is no? What they expect the guards to do if shit happens in a club or another property? Take out the gun and just spray everyone on sight?

Honestly, you should've insisted on tasers and press FM to change their decision.

Sadly that's what I got replied, and nothing else was given for clarification.

I suppose the problem is getting those tasers stolen and having Grove and Rancho full with gangsters running around with tasers.

8 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

I suppose the problem is getting those tasers stolen and having Grove and Rancho full with gangsters running around with tasers.

I'm sure there can be rules put in place stating they cannot be stolen, for this very reason. 

• mj2002 locked this topic